Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

depressed about my raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default depressed about my raptor

my dad bought me a 2001 raptor like soon as it came out, its fast as hell and i think its really quick and has alot of top end for a stock quad, but everywhere i go all i see is people ragging on it, like a suzuki 400 can beat it stock...i dont believe that i know a banshee can cuz its 2 stroke, a predator can "eat" a raptor,possibly but the stupidest thing i've ever heard was a ds650 beating a raptor, i raced a guy who had one stocked and i smoked him big time,someone just tell me something that will cheer me up possibly? thx

Old 07-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Ill try.

Do you have fun, does it bring a smile to your face. That is the point of riding, always remember there will always be something bigger better faster if there isn't wait a day. You can't listen to them if you helmet is on and you are dong 70mph down a dirt road. Spend more time riding and less time listening to the BS. If all that fails buy a turbo.

Hows that.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Whenever anyone says anything bad about my Rappy, I just tell shut the he!! up and meet me in the desert...Of course no one shows up!! The Raptor is the best all-around quad, if built for the terrain its ridden in. The Zuki guys won't like hearing this, but my friends have Zillas and in the desert, I spank their azzes. Its not that the Raptor is faster than a Zilla, but if you ride a Zilla and want to talk smack, you'd better be able to ride to back it up. Don't let anyone talk down to you about the Rappy, its the best quad out there IMO...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I REALLY don't mean to start nuttin or make you more pissed but if you think your depressed now wait 'till that trans pukes....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

i agree with both those pple [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
dude you have a sweet quad, one of the biggest and baddest. even though those other guys talk smack, just remember that it's all about fun. and it is fast as hell, don't worry about those other guys. they spend to much time being serious and not enough time having fun

Old 07-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

StockRappy, Get a DS, people love to look and talk about it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Plus it's faster than a rappy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just have fun, that's the name of the game.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hahah, dude cheer up and think about the bright side... there is only one stock quad faster and thats the zilla, and for being how de-tuned the motor is its cool. If you want it faster do some motor mods, then you can smoke the little boys on the predaturds or ds's. But you still have to remember there is someone with the monet to be faster.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

they talk shiz cuz they know they made a 6,495 dollar fack up by going w/ the wrong quad..that would **** me off...oh and getting smoked time after time would **** me off!!!

Old 07-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

people with slower quads always talk trash

z400 can't even catch up to the dirt coming off your raptor...

predators can keep up....and that's it....

banshee's are only faster when your racing really really long distances....

only a few stock quads are faster....so laugh at the slower quads for talking trash...they are only jealous...

Old 07-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

it doesen't matter what you have some one will be faster (like you)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

living in new england and racing mx all people do is talk smack about my quad. and when I beat them theres always an excuse!

Quick Reply: depressed about my raptor