Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

White Brothers- "r" and "e"

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Brothers- "r" and "e"

I am currently running the White Brothers E series pipe on my warrior right now. In the next few weeks i am going to pick up a wolverine and am interested in getting another trusty whitebrothers pipe. What is the differance (besides shape and color) between the WB "e" and "r" pipes? From what i can tell the both provide a USFS spark arrester and give you more power... What gives?

Thanks

Old 07-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

I was wondering the same. All that I can tell is that the e series has external discs, where as the r is just a normal can, with a turn down on it.
I am relaly interested in the new E2. Talking with whitebros, they said that it is there best performer. Good power across the whole range, and it isnt too loud. Only 96 db. Where as most others are running about 100-102 db. I'm sorry, but that too fricken loud. I don't like getting annoyed with my own bike when I am riding along ya know.
Kind a curius when white bros is going to come out with there exhaust for the yfz450. I hope soon. I don't know what to get. Not too sure about the fmf. There is no way in hell that that dyno is right. Plus, they major in there 2-stroke pipes and have for a long time. Same with pro-circuit. I am going with white bros most likely.
Heard a lot of good stuff about the sparks pipe. Just think that it too is way to loud, and probably sounds funny. I could be wrong, as I have not heard one on a 450. I know its louder then crap on the 660 though, along with the fmf ti-4.
Sorry I couldnt be much more help with the difference with the E and R. I think they make pretty close to the same power. The R is more likely to weigh less.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

From what I have seen & read, The E-series performs better. So That's what i bought for my wifes bike.
And we have both been happy with it. I think the R is better looking, but i went with performance.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Personally I would stick with an E or go to the E2. The R looks really small, when compared to everyone elses pipes.

Old 07-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

me and my friend both have warriors and he has a E series and i have the R and i beat him most of the time in a drag

Old 07-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Drag shmag..... It is goin to be for a wolvy and i am looking for more power down low, than up high.

I will agree that 100+ db is pretty loud. I have not heard about this new E2, it sounds pretty fun though, and it is quite. That will make the forest rangers happy..... The r does look better in the magazines but how well would it look after some lake mud has been caked on there for a 7 hour riding day? I am going to look into the new E2, or maybe the oridginal E's will go down in price [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i can only hope.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't let the advert pics fool you, the R4 is not ALL polished , only the endcaps are. The main body is matte finish aluminum.

That said, I like my R4 a lot. It has a nice sound, and is not obnoxiously loud. I got tired of screwing with disc mufflers, and this one works well.

BTW, R4s are for sale on Fleabay, buy it now for $230.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Pro Rider

The E2 does not have discs. I'm sure you ahve seen it, though it is bran-new. It kinda has a golden color to it. Don't think gold, but its like a brownish-goldish color. It looks sweet, and like I said, talking with white brothers, is suppose to be there best performer. I doubt it's lighter then the r4, but way lighter then stock, and still probably lighter then the E series.
There are always white brothers adds in the dirtwheels mag. They have a pic of it in there. They also have it on there funky website. It's suppose to be available now, I'll be checking it out. I am looking at getting an exhaust for my yfz, and don't know when they are going to have one for it.
I would definitely look into it though. It probably sounds sweet at only 96db.