Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster kept up with my Warrior and even worst...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster kept up with my Warrior and even worst...

My friend just got a new Dodge truck..4x4 Hemi...AWESOME.. so we went out to see how well it climbed. I took my quad an 03 warrior and while I was racing some dude on blaster kept challenging me to a race. After I told him no like 5x he kept insisting so we raced up a hill and then on a straight away. On the hill I smoked him. On the straight away I barely beat him. What gives? I know my bike is stock and his was all fixed up but 200cc v 350cc. Then to make it worst he wanted it to race my friends Hemi up a huge hill we call killerhill. He had a Ford Ranger Edge with BF goodridge treads, he actually beat us. What gives? My friend got rid of his tacoma and got the hemi so he wouldnt lose, and he loses to a ranger..What gives?

Old 07-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

well the reason u almost lost to a blster is a 200cc 2stokr vs a 350 4stroke. and not sure why the hemi would of lost to a Ford, o mayb cuz its a dodge not to mean rude or ne thing cuz im a ford guy..

Old 07-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

to tell you the truth that blaster wasnt stock if it almost beat you

Old 07-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

The Blaster wasnt stock the guy told me he had just got it jetted and he did have a pipe. He also had more work done on it but i mean his take off was way quicker than mine although i did catch up and pass him he shouldnt beat my 1st and 2nd gear.. should he? and as for the truck im not a dodge guy but come on its a hemi it shouldnt lose to a ranger.

Old 07-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

it all about *****

Old 07-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

As 2000IAWarrior noted the Blaster is a 2 stroke. He's got power on every stroke where the four strokes only get power on every other stroke. A 2-stroke will put out almost 2x the power of equivelent displacement 4 stroke. So a Blaster and a Warrior run pretty close with the Warrior generally beating a Blaster, stock for stock and riders being equal. Change any part of the equation (a modified Blaster for example) and the outcome will be different. A friend has a blaster and can smoke me (plus I'm giving up quite a few pounds to her and he Blaster has had some serious work done to it.)

As far as the Ranger Beating the Ram, it's probably the fact that that Ram weighs more. I looked at a 4x4 standard cab weighs in at 4800+ lbs. I can't find a weight on the Ranger. I would assume AT LEAST 1,000 lbs difference. You would need to factor in so many different things. And maybe he's toyed with the Ranger as well. Which engine? Transmission? Gears? Did he get better traction? Bigger isn't always better.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

thats all true

Old 07-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Trailblazer

well the ranger did have better tires bfg's, the hemi has stock tires although hes about to change them once he gets his suspension done, its gonna run him about 3gs. I dont think the ranger had gotten anywork done, the hemi had just got its new exhaust. i think the weight and tires is what got him. And if the blaster was all rigged up wouldnt it make it faster on the way up big hills. like i said he barely made it up. i make it up in 3rd gear, 4th if i have enough speed

Old 07-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like the guy ran a muck on your crew. Good thing he did'nt bring anything else too run with....or wanna foot race.

Old 07-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

Well he ran a muck on my friends truck... I beat him up the hill by like five bikes length. I beat him on the straight away by one bikes length even though his start was way faster than mine.

Quick Reply: Blaster kept up with my Warrior and even worst...