Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My wife said

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife said

Ok, in forum lingo, what I meant was, it looks like most men in a relationship on this thread trys to please their wife or girlfriend. I was just trying to give a compliment to all you guys trying to work things out. You don't need an intrepreter and you don't need to read between the lines.

I have no advice to offer in this matter because, I am a female and think with the right side or emotional side of my brain, whereas males think with the left side or what is called the goal oriented side. You see a problem you fix it, you have a goal you reach it end of story. So, no advice I have to offer would be taken seriously and I would be considered bias because thus, I am a female.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Blackballed- geez man, like Diaz said, don't blow a gasket. The guy came on here for advice, or just to see who else was going through his situation, and you put him down? Sounds like they have an understanding, and the kids are happy, so relax, it's O.K!

RhondaV- Give your advice, some may take it, some won't, the only reason I would think its biased is because you are a rider, and thats it, not because you're a woman. C'mon, lets hear it!!!! It's my goal to hear it!!!LOL!

Old 07-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

I was one of those guys that never asked my wife if I could go atving....I just told her I was going.
She never complained about it once in 19 years of marriage.

She just filed the divorce papers today.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Ouch! Sorry to hear that man. Hope it all works out for you.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

duckdiaz,

I origianlly took your post with some humor. My wife has said things like this before with nothing but sarcasm. She even asked if I was going out riding this weekend.

She doesn't have a problem with me riding at all. It's just when the initial purchase of the wheeler is made, she gets a little cranky. I just bought some new gear the other day with her standing there. I was gentleman enough to take her opinion into perspective, and thus settled on the Thor Phase 4 pants and jersey. Going to pick up a Thor SVS helmet this weekend.

It also helps that uncle Sam is sending us a tax credit this Friday for our 2 youngest kids.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Blackballed,

in the event you read this post and feel the need to go off on anyone else, I have been riding wheelers long before my wife and I met. My kids enjoy riding, my wife doesn't care for it. I sold my wheelers last summer to generate the funds needed to renovate my house (my oldest daughter moved in). Now I am in process of working towards getting a 2nd machine into the household. I consider myself fortunate that my wife doesn't have a beef with things that I do. It's not an issue of doing something without her. She just goes out shopping while I'm out riding. She actually enjoys the time away from the rest of us (imagine that)!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

If they aint happy at home they will get happy somewere else; Sacrifice in the marriage is neccessary and it takes two. Wife 1st atving 2nd. Little things in anybodys relationship that dont seem like a big deal at times will only get worst if you dont sit back and take care of those little things when they are little things. Trust me; it is a lot easier to fix now than it will be a month to a year from now. The small things can push people away and make them unhappy even if you are not aware that you are pushing them away. Handle it now and it will be better for both of you in the long run. With all seriousness. Whats means more to you; keeping your relationship happy or just you; thats the reality. I'm not saying not to have fun sometimes; she will understand that you like to have fun sometimes but she may not feel she is getting the attention she needs or wants. Its up to you to keep her satisfied and in reality again it can be difficult. Take a look at what you can do for her to keep it interesting. The simple things such as running her a bubblebath or flowers or a card or anything out of the ordinary on any day other than special occasions go a long way. Women like men who keep it interesting and not the same old day to day routine because life can become a routine and that is like an new car; it gets old and it can make you unhappy. slim

Old 07-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: duckdiaz
Blackballed, don’t blow a gasket man!..... just wanted to see if other people got the same thing from girlfriends or wives........ SO CHILL MAN!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Let's recap:

Your wife referred to your time with the kids as "RIDING THAT (OTHER) BITCH"................

You claim that she is JEALOUS of your time spent with the kids...........

And finally, you tell us all that you were FLOORED that she would say such a thing to you.........

You're right, diaz!..........no problems there! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

For the 'adults' that is......and here in America.......isn't that all that really 'counts'?).

Old 07-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: Diablo:
"..... don't blow a gasket. The guy came on here for advice............and you put him down?"

I did not "put him down" in any way, shape or form. I have no idea why someone would want to come up on here and claim that their wife talked to them in such a mannner.........especially claiming that they were "floored" that their life partner would disrespect them in such a blatant way.

The first thing I try to think of in these situations is THE CHILDREN; as I could care less if some guy has a wife who smart-mouths him and who "he just can't BELIEVE" would talk to him in such a derogatory manner (this was the first and only time.........of course!).
But when you introduce KIDS to the situation?
How many Dads out there have put up with the very worst a wife could possibly dish out; YET ALTERED "THEIR" LIVES TO KEEP 'HER' BITCHING TO A MINIMUM.......FOR THE SAKE OF THE KIDS? (yeah, I know........American 'men' don't make those sacrifices anymore.........they swear on a Bible that she's "Jekyll and Hyde"; they "never saw it coming" and leave their kid's young lives lying in ruins until they hop on board the next broad who pulls into town and makes demands on his 'free' time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...... ).

(Diablo): "Sounds like they have an understanding, and the kids are happy, so relax, it's O.K......."

No, it's not "O.K.".................I haven't met a kid yet who wasn't "happy" when the quads got broken out..........yet to teach this little girl that it's alright if you ignore and bitch about her future husband and their 'family' activities.........while your boy learns that it doesn't matter what his wife thinks about a family activity or if she participates?

But you know what REALLY gets me?

The fact that people like yourself will stand by and say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the guys who came up on here and said "screw the bitch" (these children's mother)...........yet when someone like slim660 eloquently describes how family dynamics actually 'work' in the real world?.................you get a glimpse of the mentality that nobody seems to want to strap a set on and question.

As I've said before........if you want to come up on here and tell us all that your wife is disrespecting you and you "just can't believe it"?

'Brace yourself" and 'be a man' when you start getting advice you didn't necessarily want to hear......YET "BEGGED" TO HEAR ANYWAYS.

Old 07-23-2003, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
.......She doesn't have a problem with me riding at all.............Blackballed,in the event you read this post and feel the need to go off on anyone else.................I consider myself fortunate that my wife doesn't have a beef with things that I do........... It's not an issue of doing something without her...........She actually enjoys the time away from the rest of us.......
We're all happy to hear that, "Lep"............yet how in the heck does YOUR situation compare to "diaz's"?.......and more importantly, why would you use such a disimiliar example to explain why you believe I "went off" on him or would do so to anybody ELSE in the future?

Just askin' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default My wife said

My girl actually loves to ride ATV's. Espically sport quads. Lucky me.

Quick Reply: My wife said