Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My wife said

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 04:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife said

Aight!!! This one is for the guys…my wife has no interest what so ever in the world of atvs…. My kids and I love it to death…. my son is only 3, and all he talks about is the BANSHEE!!! My daughter can’t wait to get her 80…. NOW my wife said to me the other day “ are going out next week to ride your other BIT@H!!!” Totally floored me. Is this just a phase or what?

Anyone else ever go through something like this???

P.S. My reply was “HELL YA I’M GOING TO RIDE DAT BIT@H HARD & LONG”

Old 07-20-2003, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

tell her "atleast she doesn't complain and takes it how ever YOU want to give it"!

Remind her how she screams when you get on it.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

[quote]
Originally posted by: duckdiaz
…my wife has no interest what so ever in the world of atvs…. My kids and I love it to death….…. NOW my wife said to me the other day “are going out next week to ride your other BIT@H!!!”......... Totally floored me. Is this just a phase or what?.......

Were you a hardcore rider before you met her? Ever talk about how riding should be incorporated into your relationship before 'the kids' arrived?

If you picked up the sport 'after' the vows were said and the kids arrived............why would you pick a time-consuming sport such as atving.........when you already KNEW that the whole familty wouldn't be able to enjoy it TOGETHER?

Even if she's done a complete '180' on all quad related issues .............what's more important?...........Doing things together as a family or "riding quads"?

Every kid in this country "loves" to ride atvs..........again, what's more important?..........boning up to the fact that Dad is pursuing something that Mom will obviously never join in on........or making sure KIDS do whatever in the heck that catches their fancy?

Not trying to get on you at all...........I just think you have a choice to make as to WHO you believe it is more important to keep "happy"..........................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

my girl says, (are you going to ride that STUPID 4 wheeler again)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I hate that!!

Old 07-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default My wife said

I go through the same thing with my wife, and it is so extreme at times that I have to work on my quad late at night whe she is asleep.

Just tell your wife what I tell mine. "Do you prefer that I am in strip bars or that I am riding my Raptor?" She usually shuts up after I tell her that.

Old 07-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

WOW, thats not good. Glad i am only 17 and dont have to put up with girls like u, c i can just dump um to the side. lol But actully yeah when i raced karts and one of the guys i raced with, i think him and his wife got in a fight EVERY time we went racing, it was pretty damn funny watching them ream each other but in the long run with her it wasnt good, but she got over it, he still races and she is getting more and more involved, so just keep after man.

Old 07-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Respectfully, I disagree. Its not about putting riding ATV's over the importance of family bonding, but being able to get away from the stress's of the grind and enjoy yourself. You have to know how to set aside time for riding, and not overdo it. Its also a great way for duckdiaz and his kids to bond as they grow. Find an activity to do as a family as well, and maybe even one she enjoys and not you so much, then she'll know where you're coming from. I'm only 24, married for 4 yrs, and if not for the joy of 4 wheeling, I'd go nuts! Holy crap, I'm becoming Ann Landers!!!!!!!!!!! Ask Diablo!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Respectfully also.....I'm not sure I follow:

Originally posted by: Diablo:]
..."Its not about putting riding ATV's over the importance of family bonding, but being able to get away from the stress's of the grind and enjoy yourself............"

Who is 'yourself'?......you.....the kids....or all three of you together without Mom? Not saying that anybody shouldn't be able to get away with their kids if their Mom doesn't like to ride..............but to do it when the mother is referring to that quality time as "riding your other Bitch"?

(Diablo):"You have to know how to set aside time for riding, and not overdo it........"

And since we have a family problem that is "self-induced" by a guy who married and had kids with a lady who obviously didn't like what he was doing 'before' the marriage....... or is an activity in which he just started into with the kids 'in tow'.......tell me, just who gets to put the time limit on this activity and ensures that it is not "overdone"?.

...."Its also a great way for duckdiaz and his kids to bond as they grow...."

I would never argue that and just question why this issue would ever come up AFTER 'the family' has already decided to buy their kid a quad!

(Diablo):..."Find an activity to do as a family as well, and maybe even one she enjoys and not you so much, then she'll know where you're coming from......."

Couldn't agree more..........but I question wether seeing HIM suffer through attending arts and crafts shows on an equal time basis will have much affect on HER speaking her mind about atving.......I mean, c'mon......we've already reached the point of comparing his quad to some 'bitch' he's riding! And she's going to "know where he's coming from" as he forlornly sits on the sidelines; watching Hans the hunky dairyman spend half-an-hour at the local craft fair demonstrating on how she should best butter a corn cob?

Again, we basically agree........just a little 'reality' thrown in here for what it's worth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Like the T-shirt says,....."My wife said if I go riding again..she'll leave me......Man, I'm gonna miss her"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

buy her a 450 yfz , problem solved. she will get tons of attention, should be fast on that light of a bike and youwill get plenty of awesome rides back in return. Dude, what r u waiting for ??

Quick Reply: My wife said