My wife said

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: blackballed
Originally posted by: LEP7MM
well, let's see how my situation compares.. HMMMM!!! My wife has made similar comments, in a joking matter..............
(lol)....Ohhhhhhhh, c'mon now LEP!

Do you let YOUR wife talk to you like that..........'joking' or not?

Guess I'm getting old and don't understand these 'liberated' women (lol)...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well, if she said anything like that to me, joking or not, I would probably burst out laughing, and I have. She has said stuff like that to me before and it doesn't bother me a bit. Look at it this way. My quad is part of the family. Now, considering I'm a male (atleast the last time I checked), and I ride my quad, I will just assume it's a female. If my wife wants to refer to it as the other woman, or bitch in this case, then great. That is, in a way, an acceptance of the quad in the garage (if you care to view it that way).

Now, taking into consideration I ride a DS650, it's nice and wide. My wife is not. My DS has atleast 11" of travel. My wife does not. My wife complains if I play "TOO ROUGH"... my DS does not. My DS has excellent "HI-BEAMS". My wife does not. My DS has "kick your butt power". So does my wife. And while I am sitting here typing this, she is reading this. My DS is "black". My wife is white.

I could go on and on, but I think you should get a feel for the type of sense of humor I have. Women are different than they used to be. But that is good to. But don't feel too old, you still ride don't you?

Hopefully this changes the tone of the posts in here and we can get into a more civil discussion.

RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Ah[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Im so happy I have a wife that races[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She loves her 265R as much as she loves me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have no prob with that. She's the one that always want go riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

LEP,

I think my last comment in regards to "changing horses in mid-stream" pretty much summed up my feelings on this topic.

There isn't a thing we argue about on here that can't be smoothed out a little with some good humor..................my quad is wide and my wife is 'not'? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (lol)

Old 07-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

ARE YOU YOUNG SINGLE GUYS PAYING ATTENTION??!!! YOUR DAD IS RIGHT, "WHY BUY THE COW WHEN THE MILK IS FREE?" YOUNG FELLAS PAY ATTENTION!!!!!! The one thing to remember is you have to even it out. Spend the same time, money, etc. as you do on quads on HER. I do this every year during the elk hunt, I go for a week, she goes on vacation with the girls. This has been a double win for me, because they ussually go somewhere I never want to go to (San Francisco last year). Finally you should make that phrase into a T-shirt. "Are you going to ride your bitc% again" would make a sweet shirt.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Blackballed, dude relax!!!! This is a great topic. It does expose a lot about the male female interaction. To the guy who has been married 9 years and never had an argument I pity you! Where is the passion? Blackballed, a lot of the guys in here are college educated (bs-microbiology), some may have masters, and there are perhaps even a phd or two. The point is all of us have had psych.101 so give it a rest!! I am only worried about the children? not to do the when I was a kid speach but when I was a kid I: drank out to the hose, didn't wear a bike helmet, drank out of the same glass as all of my friends, had cuts and didn't clean them out, played outside all day without sun screen, threw snowballs at cars, swam in irrigation ditches(no chlorine), didn't have a playstation, got grounded and spanked, spent a week every fall watching the butchers kill our cows, didn't wear coats in the winter or shirts in the summer, looked at old playboys, tried to smoke "homemade smokes", learned to chew by taking the remains from empty cans, drove to fast, dated big haired girls (got I miss the big hair, hair metal days), drank too much cheap beeR (hams), and guess what, just like the rest of us I mellowed out, bought a house, have a job, and listen to talk radio. Point being that kids are kids, and most kids created there own happiness if they have some sort of fuctional family life, and mom not riding while everyone else does is not non functionality!

Old 07-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: Hossblur
Blackballed, dude relax!!!! ......... a lot of the guys in here are college educated (bs-microbiology), some may have masters, and there are perhaps even a phd or two...............
(lol) wellllllllll, I'm tellin' ya Hoss..........if these brainiacs are on here 'in force'...........I'd sure like a couple of them to put some of that massive brainpower to use on the 'political' issues this sport faces............... rather than experience the near total SILENCE we've witnessed up to this point in time!

Maybe these guys/gals could also help me figure out how a woman can go through 'a phase' that includes 'jealousy' and smart-mouthing her husband..............then turn around and blame 'me' for commenting on what her very own husband was complaining about!

Hey, somebody's gotta be the bad guy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

My wife loves to ride. We bought both our ATV's beofre we got married (hers was already bought and when I went to drop off mine for warrenty work, I handed her the keys to hers sitting on the showroom floor).

Even when we just had one, she happily went along and enjoyed just being with me. That is awesome. Now we try to go riding as much as we can!

We do almost evrything together, and if there are some things we don't- well..we respect that.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with just a dad and the kids going riding if she doesnt want to. If the wife has a major beef with it becuase she doesnt like it, too bad. It works both ways. Not everything she does the husband throughly enjoys as well. Either put up or shut up.

Respect works both ways, ladies and gentlemen.

And yes, my wife reads these forums.

Old 07-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Range Rover
Default My wife said

From another womans point of view......just talk to her. Tell her how much you love to ride. Tell her she comes first and only, and work on a time friendly schedule. I do not beleive in a woman complaining about her husbands likes and hobbies, but at the same time, a man can't dump his wife or her feelings for it either.

Try to get her to ride, that is how most people start riding. I love riding....

Yes, my husband takes more care of his quad, but he's a guy...he can do that(he is mechanically inclined, I am not)...but even though, I still love him, and still love to ride. I take what you have said she calls your quad, "the other bitch", as her being unhappy and pissed. Either she is jealous or lonely....because if I called something of my husbands " the other bitch", then hello, it would mean sh*t is hitting the fan and I am not happy!

As you can see, some have the same problems...some do not. Does that make any ones marriage better or worse? No!

Enjoy your quading...and comminicate with the wife!

Old 07-24-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

Originally posted by: Braty
.......I take what you have said she calls your quad, "the other bitch", as her being unhappy and pissed. Either she is jealous or lonely....because if I called something of my husbands " the other bitch", then hello, it would mean sh*t is hitting the fan and I am not happy!............
"Thank-you", Braty............duckdiaz apparently thought so also..........yet we are all now, apparently, 'out of line' for ever suggesting such a thing.................

Old 07-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default My wife said

You ARE out of line.

It was not your place to analyze his situation. He asked a specific question and got the right answer to a different question as a response!

As I have said before, stick to the topic.

Like I always say....A womans place is in the kitc....oh...Hi Honey......nuthin.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My wife said