Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling SPARKS out!!!!

good need more then luck

Old 07-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Raptorowner- i have heard the same thing. Curtis is a great builder but there are others that do just as good or bettter. I know of a few that have big money tied up in there motors and they are fast.

Old 07-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If sparks shows the race will be for the first loser spot (2nd) They stomped the few quads that ran last year. 727's on NOS could not catch that little rascals pounding the whoops for Curtis. Somebody said King raptor was trying to get Curtis to build him a rappy to run. lol There is another jumping ship.

Old 07-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Range Rover

When I called Sparks I asked them to build me a fast trail/play-race quad. I doubt if my quad is nearly fast as their race quads, but it is fast as h@ll. My first time(literally) at a dragstrip I ran an 8.3 in the 1/8mile. Remember I am a trailrider and not a dragracer. I ran shredder 6-ply tires, stock gears and I weigh 240lbs. w/ riding gear. This bike is faster than that w/ the proper set-up(tires, lowered, swingarm, etc). So far I am yet to lose to anything, but drag-only Banshees(400+, alcohol and/or nos, lowered, slicks,etc). Victims include; a well-built Paul turner Banshee(don't know the bore), 727 Raptor, Tecate-3 on alcohol(run the 1/4mile), Tri-z(pipe, bored-over, carb, etc) and countless other Cannondales, Raptor, Banshees DS(s), Predators. Remember I asked Sparks for a trail quad and I got what I asked for and then some. Sparks only bulids a few 690's a year. Most people that say they have a Sparks build bike order the parts from Sparks, but port & polish and assemble at the local shop. I am pretty proud of my trail quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

P.S. next time I will have Sparks to build me one of those "chosen" quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 12:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, that is right. I am on his list [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and I cant wait I am getting the same build, trail and race. I have ridden the trail and race and its FAAAST!! So fricken fast that when I got off the bike I was shaking......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But then when I rode mine(This is before the Sparks Pipe and Dyno Tuned) I didnt want to ride mine anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but now I am hanging in there with some and I mean some 690's and all I can say is WAIT TELL I GET MINE DONE.... hehehehehe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Once you ride a Sparks Bike all your other quads fill like a trike..... hey that rhymes...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh, one more thing. I asked Sparks why can you make these z400's beat your 690's and he said "All it takes is Money and I can build a FASTER Raptor." That is Crazy, as far as I can see he has not built a raptor bigger than a 690, but he said he can if you got the money.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

Hey 14 bring your raptor to fstw and I will ride it through the whoops and if it is fast I will give sparks a run for his money, maybe even beat him who knows. I figure if he has a rider so can you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

speddemon- I need a little fella to run with there little fella. Thanks for the offer, but you need to be on sterns?? quad??

Old 07-25-2003, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Hey 14, I only weigh 120 and know how to drag real well!!! I could even shed a few more pounds for you if you let me ride! PLEEEEEASE!

Old 07-25-2003, 02:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Heck I weigh 280, but I wanna ride anyway.LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Calling SPARKS out!!!!