Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior weight limit: anyone know??

Old 07-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior weight limit: anyone know??

Anyone know the rider weight limit for a warrior? (max capacity) Thanks guys.

Old 07-27-2003, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know the Warriors limit. But the Raptors limit is 190 lbs(according to factory). I weight 235 and the Rappy does real well(of course I beefed up the suspension)..LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

my friend is 330lbs. and he rides on a warrior with no problems, wow 190 for a raptor. i'm 240 and ride my buddys raptor all the time. guess i better stay on the grizz.

Old 07-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudsfun
my friend is 330lbs. and he rides on a warrior with no problems, wow 190 for a raptor. i'm 240 and ride my buddys raptor all the time. guess i better stay on the grizz.
Yeah...but the weight limit is set by factory attorneys that try to avoid lawsuits. They don't really mean a thing when it comes down to the consumer. They are only set for stability of the quads. Like if you put a 300 lb guy on a 80cc and it falls over and breaks his arm in a turn, there azzes are covered because the rider exceeded the "recommended weight limit".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] And believe me, the raptor 80 can haul azz with a 300 lb guy on it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

My 2003 is 220lb according to the sticker...and so is my friend's '96 Blaster.

If you look in the gallery there are picks of me on it...yeah, I need a bigger spring. But I've only bottomed it out once in 6 months.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

The weight limit is strictly for liability, as long as the shocks aren't bottomed out and the tires aren't flat when you're crusing along your fine.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

I weigh about 325 and my Warrior suspension seems too stiff. The front shocks are set on the least amount of preload and it seems too stiff. When I got the bike the rear shock was already squashed, so I sent it to Lindemann Engineering in Campbell Calif, and they rebuilt it and set it up with the correct shock for my fat a$$, I mean weight.

My 170 lb. son says the Warrioir os a little too stiff for him too, especially after new rear shock...

"03 Rator seems fine for my wieght and my sons, although I imagine I'll be squashing the rear shock sooner or later....

So unless you wiegh more than me, you'll probably be OK with stock stuff...

Old 06-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I found this old thread, while wondering about my weight limit, on this smaller quad, that I just bought, and my first search result was from this forum, then looked at the date and was shocked, of how long ago that was lol It was posted the same year as my quad is old. I guess I'll be ok as far as weight goes, and now I need to find the correct setting, for my weight, on the shocks. My new tires are out for delivery, been watching out the door all morning, for their arrival! Don't know now if I should have bought a boat instead, with all this rain. The trails are all soaked, with no relief in sight! Worst year for riding, since I started out in 86!

Old 06-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yep....get yourself a good rain outfit and go ride. My utv keeps me fairly dry with the exception of my left side and feet from going thru deep water. I have old boots so having wet feet is no big deal but hate wet pants and shirt. Picked up a light weight and breathable "frog togg" rain suit that works great. I dont care qhat the qeather is now, however still need to watch how deep the trail lakes get. Went thru some 18" deep last week but that is my limit, not going to harm my equipment. At least Mich is mostly sand and drains fairly quick and the rain didnt affect the gps....so I am ready..
As far as weight on your Warrior, it is adjustable so try it out and adjust for your own comfort. No single setting will agree with everyones qants and needs. At slower speeds it is not critical like it is at high speed. I dont do high speed so my suspension feels great...

Old 06-22-2019, 09:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tons of rain here too this year. I went out on some trails recently that I only occasionally hit on Memorial Day weekend and it was so muddy I couldn't get past a certain point that normally isn't even an issue. Ended up turning around and going back and loading up. I think it ended up raining on me on the way home anyway. Been working way too much to do much else either. Sunday is only day off, working again today. As far as weight limitations go, its basically one rider. A warrior is kind of a small machine so a bigger guy won't be very comfortable on it anyway. If I wanted to buy a used sport quad, I'd get a Raptor 660 instead. Way more power and not much difference in price used. I saw a used Raptor 700 in an ad at my local dealer for about $2500. That's a good price for a 700.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warrior weight limit: anyone know??