Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Problem with Breeze

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Breeze

OK here is the problem my daughters breeze runs great when you first start it. Then after it warms up it dies evertime you let of the throttle. I had the carb gone through by the dealer and it still did this I took it back and they finally decided that it was a worn intake valve, they adjusted it. Now it runs better but seems to have a little less top end. It also will start stalling again if she just puts around on it at like 10 mph or under. Can't teach my son to ride it because it will start stalling if I crank the throttle limiter screw so he can't go too fast. Does this intake valve thing sound right and if so how tough are they to replace getting tired of giving the dealer money that should be going for new tires on my Praire. I know very little about ATV motors but I have worked on cars and trucks most my life. I am going to order a manuel for this breeze any suggestions where from for best price. Thanks in advance evertime I ask a question on here I get great help. So Thank You Everyone!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone please my daughter is getting really mad at this ride and my son is heartbroke he can't ride it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Is the air filter is clogged ?I'd take it somewhere else( another dealer ) and get the valves checked. If that don't do it, get someone else to look at the carburator.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

I would start with the basics since it's seems as the engine gets hot start to cause problem so replace the plug, clean the air fitler, change the motor oil and make sure your choke cable moves freely, then adjust the carb.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

mmm it sounds what happend to my warrior... i got it starting but then it died.... i dunno what was wrong with it but i gave it to a friend to ride and he fixxed it.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

well but he didn't do anything to the carb though

Old 07-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I will try replacing the plug got the filter out to clean it a little while ago. This just seems odd because if you ride it hard it runs fine just doesn't like when you take it easy or let it idol. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also have another post started in here about the SAME thing happening to my brand new breeze,and I cant get Yamaha to even respond back to the dealership.Im getting PISSED real fast too.

Bill

Old 08-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I'm still dealling with this the spark plug doesn't seem too bad. The quad runs pretty good for a while but after it gets hot it starts to stall. I have cleaned the airfilter and changed out the gas it was a little low on oil but not bad. Altitude makes it worse it seems the higher up we ride the sooner it happens. Also after it starts stalling let it cool down and it will run again just fine for a while. It feels like it is cutting out on the top end though. I am having another shop look at it as soon as my Tax check gets here this week. Driving me nuts and making my daughter really upset. Starting to hate Yamahas!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

have you or the dealer cleaned the carb, ours would not start at all, so i took the carb apart and then put it back together and now it works fine
this should help with your idle since ours doesnt stall very much anymore
before the dealer say the intake valve was full of mud, i dont know which is the intake valve or what it looks like

Quick Reply: Problem with Breeze