Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my blaster will not rev, please help. !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my blaster will not rev, please help. !!

ok i had been riding my blaster all day off an on, and one time i cut it off for a few minutes. when i went to start it back up, it would start but not rev at all. what I'm saying is, it will start and idle prefectly, but when i go to rev it the slightest bit it bogs down and there is a loud banging noise from inside, like it's not gettin enough fuel or something. it was running fine before but now it wont rev at all, only idle. i don't know w.t.f. happened. it's sounds like the fuel line is clogged or something, what should i do ??? help

Old 07-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

sounds like you got water in the carb. lol, take out your spark plug and flip the machine up in the air so it rests on the grab bar then wait tell some gas drains out and let it sit like that for about 5 minutes. Then let it down and put in a brand new plug and it should fire right back up and rev. if not take of the carb and clean it out . then spary cardb cleaner inside the carb and let the engine suck it up. That will definetly work. Happens to me and my friends all the time from riding through water,

Old 07-28-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

anybody else??? trying to keep this towards the top ya know

Old 07-28-2003, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

If you rode thru water, then definitely do what diaperdude said.
Also, check to see that the 2-stroke oil is getting to the engine and that your parking brake isn't engaged.
That's all I could think of.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

if its an o3, i wouldnt be surprised if it was your parking brake. Worst design ever!

Old 07-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

check the choke, if not drain ur carb.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had the same problem first i pulled the plug and it was getting spark so i cleaned the carb and checked my gas lines and every thing then just put a new plug in it and it ran perfect. the plug was just firing on the side.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

mine had the same problem out at glamis. I took out the jet and put another in. It fired up on first kick.

Old 07-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

Sure sounds like the parking brake...it will hold the rpm down below 2000 and will miss and pop like he!! when you give it a little throttle.

Old 07-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

yea but shouldn't the parking break only affect it if it's moving??? my parking brake doesn't work anyhow. i try to set it and it just doesn't work at all. ok, but when you guys said you had the same problem, was there a loud banging noise when it bogged down?? here's the other thing, the exact same thing happened about 2 weeks ago but after like a minute of doing it, it fixed itself and i could rev it normal again. i had the idler set up way high and it went from banging and bogging to a high rev in an instant. so, why would it be the spark plug if it fixed itself and rean for 2 weeks before it did it again? could my float be sticking?
i really need to know. it also puts out a lot of smoke when it bogs down. it went from running great then cutting it on again and not revving at all.
please help, thanks

Quick Reply: my blaster will not rev, please help. !!