Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sparks rules the west Coast?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 03:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparks rules the west Coast?

Seems like nobody out west can out run sparks. We see them from time to time around here and do not have much of a problem, what is the deal. Bob and i did weeks of dyno work for a company and used the dyno jet dyno that we always use. The owner of the dyno had been working with a guy that has a sparks 686. he had multiple failures the first 2 times that he attempted to dyno. That was not sparks fault though. The owner of the sparks quad called us to help him sort thru the problems. Anyway they finally got it up and going a few weeks later. The dyno numbers were not that impressive and he had the full meal deal from curtis. I never hear of a slow spaRKS out west. The few i saw last year were faster than the raptors in attendance for sure. After thinking about it the only difference was the high rev cam (most all the others were using a stage 2 or web cam) and fuel (who knows what they were really running on) The sparks were running a modded sparks exhaust. These fast sparks are almost taking on a "myth like" identity

Sounds like we need to send Raptorrcr, Dollarbills, Crafty, K-bob out there to see how they fair.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

send them out, beech will provide a place to stay.

BTW, sparks and his "team" members read this and all they do is laugh. But you guys come out here and beech will show you some west coast hospitality. Even got a nice shop so you can tweak those slow 4-strokes into some 2-stroke power makin' machines

Old 07-29-2003, 04:56 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

they do read this and laugh...

not very often though

too busy buildin fast stuff,,,,,,,sounds like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Beech... You need some good looking 4 stokes to make your shop look good! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You know maybe some of that power and torque will rub off on your 2 strokes! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Dont know about all that , but they are fast!

And i can hold my own,...

I will be at the beach again this weekend....Hopefully see them at the drags.

Old 07-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like Sparks raises the bar every year and at last year they were untouchable!!!!!!!Everybodys faster now so let see if they raise the standard AGAIN!

Pat

Old 07-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Ill have something for the Sparks bikes with in a month or 2 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...

Old 07-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

why is it everyone crys about additive (nitro). you can add a turbo, nos, a rocket whatever. as soon as someone use's a fuel additive (nitro) it's a big excuse. do the same thing and race.

Old 07-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I do not care what they run for fuel, more power to them.

dabeech- you might not be able to get rid of them if they come out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trinity and King should have written a check and bought the fast sparks. Then trinity's 63hp claim would be true.

You got to give Curtis props for showing up in the middle of the night to kick butt. Everyone else had 3 days pratice and the 12 year olds were fast from the first run.

Old 07-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ye'll leave after they lose enough times...cough cough. ha

Quick Reply: Sparks rules the west Coast?