Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Putting Toomey TR6's on by myself? Is it worth the risk or should I just pay the $170 to get it done?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 03:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting Toomey TR6's on by myself? Is it worth the risk or should I just pay the $170 to get it done?

advance- what can those 18 year olds in the yamaha shop do that you can't?? Besides overtighten your nuts, bolts and run the **** out of your quad. While i have not personally jetted a banshee (raptor owner) i have seen plenty do it in my pasture in 10 minutes. It is really simple and even if you install the wrong jet first it will still run. All you are doing is changing the main jet and nothing more. no pilots, no drilling, no other modifications. srew the main out, install the new. You need to work on your own quad because YOU WILL do a better job than the dealer. They have the same chance of installing the wrong jet as you do. I have found most dealerships know less than you do about your quad. A raptor is 50 times harder to jet and i figured it out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Putting Toomey TR6's on by myself? Is it worth the risk or should I just pay the $170 to get it done?

Check your PM... let me know...

Old 07-30-2003, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

Oops I should have read through the entire post.... Advance the jets are easy to install... each motor will have different requirements so you will have to swap main jets to find what your motor really needs. With the airbox lid on 270-280 sounds about right with pipes. If you take the lid off you will be at 300-320 again depending on your motor and where you ride. If you still need help let me know. I might be working on another members quad this weekend at my house... the more the merrier

Old 07-30-2003, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

I don't see what all of the discussion is about it is spelled out in english how to install this kit. It will tell you to use the #280 if at around sea level and the #270 if 2500 ft above see level I think thats what it said. If you can't read the directions call Toomey they can help you I'm sure.

Old 05-23-2004, 02:36 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

ya, just find our the right jets and order them and install them your self. Will save you lots of money, you could use the $200 for more parts.

Old 05-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

the T-6 kit does come with new pilots, i have a set and i am running 290s, let me know what your elevation is and i will tell you what jets to put in and you should have only gotten one set of pilots so just get a small screw driver and put them in not hard, as for as putting in the jets if it isnt jetted right the atv will run but you should here it back firing (while you are full on the throttle), dont mistake this for the great ping sound that the pipes have, because you arent going to believe how good they sound when you here them the first time, but you need to install it yourself bacause it is the first step to knowing how to work on your quad. if you are anywhere near sea level go with the 280 jets, but let me know of any other mods you have cause you may need 290/ 300. PM i know that kit like the back of my hand

Old 05-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: treylaxbanshee
the T-6 kit does come with new pilots, i have a set and i am running 290s, let me know what your elevation is and i will tell you what jets to put in and you should have only gotten one set of pilots so just get a small screw driver and put them in not hard, as for as putting in the jets if it isnt jetted right the atv will run but you should here it back firing (while you are full on the throttle), dont mistake this for the great ping sound that the pipes have, because you arent going to believe how good they sound when you here them the first time, but you need to install it yourself bacause it is the first step to knowing how to work on your quad. if you are anywhere near sea level go with the 280 jets, but let me know of any other mods you have cause you may need 290/ 300. PM i know that kit like the back of my hand
well im just wonderin, could u tell me what to run in my blaster? i have toomey-b-1's, hollywood dirt porting, k&n filter with outerwears no lid, and boyeson rad valve, im at 1,7007 above sea level, its about 80-90 degrees outside, im currently running 310 main, stock pilot, air screw 2 out, needle third clip, any suggestions?

Old 05-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

bro i did my T-5s myself and i had never worked on a banshee in my life. got to www.roostingthedunes.com register (its free) and download a manual and its easy i had everything off and installed in about an hour. its to easy bro dont be a slave to the dealers all they do is charge you outragious amounts of money for mediocer service. and then ya have to double check their work my dealer put my jets in backwards on my kfx700 now i do all my own work with a manual by my side.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Range Rover

hey wanply,
everything looks ok i would say that you may have it over jetted for your elevation, but i am not as familar with blaster but, as far as everything else that sounds about right for you mods, i will see what i can find out for you because my bud is a blaster guru, i stick to me banshee knowledge

Old 05-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

dam u are good lol, i kno im just a lil over, the porcaline was a greyish tinted brown color, but i just pulled it off to take a look at it and it had some black on it so i know its not lean but not overly rich but its running good and im just gonna keep it like this for a while unless u have a suggestion

Quick Reply: Putting Toomey TR6's on by myself? Is it worth the risk or should I just pay the $170 to get it done?