Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sucess

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sucess

Hey all Just got My Warrior done Sunday night It's been apart for over 3 months for the Alba Cam and Piston kit. They gave me a chunked up piston and then my mechanic could not get to it. Just came in to give it a break. You cant get me off that thing now I loved it when it was stock now I love it even more. I know many of you may not even care but some of you really care for your machine and really know what it means to work on it and have something to be pround of. I really like the power and the machine very much now. It keeps up very well with my freinds stock shee.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Thats sweet man, so it gave you some extra get up. Is it alot faster?? Hey man I bet that 440 Six Pak Cuda is gonna be pretty mean. I love Cudas, I am thinking about getting a 73' Cuda with a 318 cid. It has a 4bbl Holley carb i think and an Edelbrock intake manifold. I like the exhaust on it, it comes out under the door, hehehe. I know after 71' they were restricted but about how would this car run??

Old 07-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Sounds like you're impressed with the mods. Most people here say that Warrior's don't respond well to mods. Hope you enjoy yours.

I silly question, but what does it mean to have your machine bored .020 over? I realize that you're making the cylinder / piston .02" (? is is inches right??) larger than stock. That doesn't seem like much of a difference to me . If my assumptions and calcs are correct that brings your displacement from 348 to a little over 353 correct? How much difference in power did you get?

Again .. glad you're happy with your mods .. wish I had some cash to put into mine .. but then I'd prolly just as soon trade up for a rappy or yfz

Old 07-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Originally posted by: SpDdEmOn
Thats sweet man, so it gave you some extra get up. Is it alot faster?? Hey man I bet that 440 Six Pak Cuda is gonna be pretty mean. I love Cudas, I am thinking about getting a 73' Cuda with a 318 cid. It has a 4bbl Holley carb i think and an Edelbrock intake manifold. I like the exhaust on it, it comes out under the door, hehehe. I know after 71' they were restricted but about how would this car run??
The 73 318 is not gonna be a performer.....unless someone has spent some cash on the engine. The car is BIG and HEAVY, which does not help. 71 was the last year of good HP musclecars.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Hey SpDdemon, It is alot faster than what it used to be. I'am VERY impressed with it and I like it alot now. The front end is pretty weightless now it wheelies very nice in 1st 2nd and 3rd. even though people say they are front heavy. That 318 May not be too bad unless the only thing he has done to it is that carb and manifold. But they make HEMI heads for small blocks now too so [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The exhaust comes out under the door? He must of added the AAR/TA Exhaust himself that's "special" 73 Models are a little heavier with those massive 5 MPH bumper guards. I'm putting 70 Bumpers on mine. Thanks for the replies

Old 07-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
Sounds like you're impressed with the mods. Most people here say that Warrior's don't respond well to mods. Hope you enjoy yours.

I silly question, but what does it mean to have your machine bored .020 over? I realize that you're making the cylinder / piston .02" (? is is inches right??) larger than stock. That doesn't seem like much of a difference to me . If my assumptions and calcs are correct that brings your displacement from 348 to a little over 353 correct? How much difference in power did you get?

Again .. glad you're happy with your mods .. wish I had some cash to put into mine .. but then I'd prolly just as soon trade up for a rappy or yfz
Hey NLWarrior that isnt a silly question I didnt know what that meant at first either heheh Yes you are right. and I REALLY like the power its unbelivable 1/4 throttle feels like full on the stock machine.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Garyc990r - Yeah I know thats why I was optimisitc about the small block. I think it has a 3.23 rear end and Im not sure if its a sur-grip or not which means positive traction.

KillerCuda - Yeah its not the factory exhaust. I wish it was a standard, but its got the 727 torqueflite slapstick in it (better than auto on the column). Yeah if I get it which Im really thinknig about it Im gonna switch bumpers as well, I dont like them either. How do you think it would compare to my Dodge Intrepid 3.3 liter V-6 as fas as power and performance??? I know alot about them but Ive never had one before so I dont know what to expect as far as how it will run.

Old 08-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

When they restricted them after 71 didnt they just change the exhaust and put more restrictive heads on them? So to unrestrict them you would have to put a performance exhaust, a set of better flowing heads, and change the intake and carb to get more air flowing through it to take advantage of the heads and exhaust right??

Old 08-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sucess

Gotta love that .450 cam huh. Only downside ive seen sofar is it will wear you out in nothing flat.