Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why are honda guys so brand loyal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why are honda guys so brand loyal?

yeah honda is really packing some serious performance with the element. 160 ponies and a front wheel drive. 0 to 60 in 9 seconds. giddy up. I saw this info on car and driver t.v.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Soon, no offense intended. But have you ever riden a Preadator. They are great bikes. Run pretty good too. I have seen some modded Scramblers out run very modded 465ex, 686 Raptors, and Ds'. I dont think that any company should be ashamed about there bikes. Its there best efforts. They all try to strieve for perfection. Some fall short but they all try. Polaris has put out some nice bikes.

You want to talk about a company that put the world on its heels. Bombardier did it with the Ds. That took a huge gamble and it paid off. First Big Bore 4stroke.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

tRUE trUE

Old 07-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JimmaB690
Outdated, and you're talking Yamaha? Hmm...Banshee (out dated); Blaster (out dated); Warrior (out dated); Breeze (out dated)...I'm sure there's more. 400EX has only been out for 5 years...Banshee...17 yrs and pretty much unchanged.

some of yamahas quads may be out dated but look at honda they had the 250r witch they quite making along with the 250x and had the 300ex (little bit old and slow) then they fianlly come out with the 400 ex 10 years later and you complanin about yamaha wich camee out with the raptor and the yfz wich redefined the atv world. Just face it all of the other companys are a little bit a head of honda. But they are reliable.

It took honda 10 years to come back with a high performance quad what is it gunna take another ten years for them to make a quad thats liquid cooled or what?
How is the banshee outdated? I think the simple fact that there is nothing else in it's class produced any longer makes it not outdated. The banshee is king of the 2 strokes and nothing is gonna come out to change that.

Old 07-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Cause Honda makes all the slowest quads so they have to have loyality to sell machines! I know how you feel though I noticed whenever I ride most of the Honda riders are complete pr*cks! I tend to stay away from them....It's really funny when guys on 400ex's pull up next to me and want to race and I absolutly kill them by many many bike lengths and they just snear at me and go whine at there trailers!

Old 07-30-2003, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by: roosthrower
why update the banshee? it is sill the fastest stock quad produced. why update the blaster? it is still the most bang for the buck. why update the warrior? it's the best selling sport quad in history. And the breeze? how cares about that quad anyway.
why update the banshee? 3 reasons; ugliest quad in the world, they can make it faster, and its not the fastest quad out there anymore.
why update the blaster? they already did and its not a bang for your buck when you look into whats on it.
why update the warrior? he's right dont update it, it's the perfect size for anyperson that rides atv's
why update the breeze? screw the breeze!!!

Old 07-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

With out Honda you would'nt be able to replace the stupid Yamaha bearing carrier and tie rods with Honda parts!

If you dont think the Banshee is out dated in 1988 the factory Yamaha desert racer was riding a 250r chassis with a Banshee motor. He would not race the with the Yamaha chassis and parts! The Banshee is the worst handling quad there is. But they are fast!

Old 07-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

The Honda will be here before October. You can all flap about Honda being done and how they suck. Just remember after the dealer show in September what you said about Honda. The best thing is Honda still wins races with there old has been quads. Whats going to happen when there is a new one!

Old 07-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

hotseatperformancefan,

i have to dissagree on how u said that the banshee is the uglyist and could be faster, i think it looks great with those front fenders and i like how the radiator is on the grill, but why make it faster then it wouldnt be legal with the cspc rule stuff cause the limit is 75? and thats pretty close to what the banshee can do!

Old 07-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

the guy wit the trailblazer says the shee is ugly hmmm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: why are honda guys so brand loyal?