Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why are honda guys so brand loyal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why are honda guys so brand loyal?

OH SH%T!! I better go change my name![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have allways owned Honda bikes and quads, they are simply the most reliable. I am not bias, the YFZ450 is sweet and I want one! I am probably going to purchase one this fall after the demand falls a bit and to see if any first year problems arise. Honda doesn't have much interest in the sport quad market right now, they are concentrating on the utility market and bikes. That is why I am going to go with the YFZ450, but if Honda releases a TRX450, I will sure as hell trade the YFZ in for it. The CRF450 powerplant is far superior to the YZF, I have ridden both bone stock and the CRF powerplant just blows the Yamaha away, it's not as snappy but performs much better. I know several people that have YZF450s that agree with me that the CRF engine is better. It's all a matter of opinion, people loyal to their brands will be quick to defend their machines and argue.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Range Rover

you guys the answer to this prob is really simple. honda is the fastest, most comfortable, sportiest, farthest jumping, bike manufacture in the world. they are faster than any other bike out there. example the Honda CBR 1100cc. super sport bike. most comfortable example Honda GOLDWING!! sportiest- CBR 600R. and best MotoX bikes out there. Ricky Carmical doesnt ride a dang blasted Yamaha !!!! even Mc Grath got away from the crap rockets. (he went to KTM) anyways so what yamaha makes one really good quad. bid deal. they still havent topped honda and they NEVER will. no other company will ever ever accomplish what honda has for many years to come!! ya yamaha has some of the fastest quads AT THIS MOMENT but they dont have the WHOLE COMPANY perfectly tuned like honda has for the past 10 years. oh ya the banshee is prettty ugly when you look at it right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Ricky Carmichael would win on a huffy and I know guys say well he picked Honda. Yeah he did but Honda had the most $$$$ to pay him for his riding skill. I'm not a Honda hater but that is the reason but thats the reason Honda is first place in motorcross and supercross. Now as for the superbikes thats cool but this is the atv forum and the orginiator of this thread was talking about quads. Dirt bikes are a little off topic but since a lot of quads have dirt bike engines in them then you can compare the two together but these super bikes and things lets leave that for a differnent forum.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hotseatperformancefan
Originally posted by: roosthrower
why update the banshee? it is sill the fastest stock quad produced. why update the blaster? it is still the most bang for the buck. why update the warrior? it's the best selling sport quad in history. And the breeze? how cares about that quad anyway.
why update the banshee? 3 reasons; ugliest quad in the world, they can make it faster, and its not the fastest quad out there anymore.
why update the blaster? they already did and its not a bang for your buck when you look into whats on it.
why update the warrior? he's right dont update it, it's the perfect size for anyperson that rides atv's
why update the breeze? screw the breeze!!!
It's not the ugliest quad not the prettiest but not really ugliest and if it's not the fastest bike (top speed anyways) what is?

Old 08-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

lol..there is a brain washed "ride redd-neck" in the polls asking a stupid question so i put a non stupid poll in there that most of the yamaha guys will agree on

Old 08-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Ricky Carmichael would win on a huffy and I know guys say well he picked Honda.
if i remember correctly, ricky used to ride a kawasaki... but has done way better with the honda bike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yeah it doesnt hurt that honda paid him some serious $$$ to join the team either.
i probably would ride anything if paid the right price.

but in all the bikes we have owned, i'd have to say that the hondas always seemed to be one step ahead in quality and engineering. now i know i'll hear some crap about the 400ex and its air cooled engine when everyone else has liquid cooled now...that supposed to change soon...but I realize that about the 400ex, but it's not where i'm going with this - i'm talking about reliability, fit and finish, attention to detail, etc etc. exclude sport atvs and look at all their other stuff they make - no one combs over their products like honda. i dont hate the other bikes for it- hey i still own a yamaha but just have been happier with honda.