great to be Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great to be Canadian

Originally posted by: AlaskaYFM
Originally posted by: StockRappy
why are u mentioning gun laws? idiot, no1 around where i live even has permits, its quite funny actually everyone i have talked to says they dont have them
Because he was saying how great it is to live in Canada, IDIOT....
So what you're saying is you like the lack of gun control in the US that allows 8 year olds to get hand guns? What the hell do you (not you in particular) want a hand gun for anyway ? It's useless for hunting and unless you're a law enforcement agent I don't seen the requirement, other than for hobbie use at a shooting range ... And what odds if the government wants it registered. The fact that they spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more on it than they should have is irrelevant. It's a good system in theory.

And it IS great to live in canada. Very very low crime rates is most all areas of the country. Toronto being the worst of them all is still far better than most US cities for crime rates. We have public medicare so that everyone can get treated equally, not just the people who can afford it. And we have an abundance of natural beauty not found anywhere else on the planet.

Back on to the subject however, I pay $245/year for 500k pl, fire and theft on my warrior.

Old 07-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Man I'm glad I dont live in canada because if someone breaks into my house there going to meet Mr. Smith&Wesson. eheheh

Old 07-31-2003, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KILLERCUDA
Man I'm glad I dont live in canada because if someone breaks into my house there going to meet Mr. Smith&Wesson. eheheh
Move to Canada and there's less chance that someone will try to break in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Besides .. if you shot at him and missed, and he cut himself on glass trying to get back out of the house, he'd sue you for a) shooting at him, and b) cutting himself on your broken glass!! Hehe

Old 07-31-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Canada is a great place to visit, but I will take the good ol US of A any day. Every country has it's good and bad points. Personaly, I think gun control is being able to hit your target, not something the government controls. But that's a different forum.
It's nice to live close to the border so I can take advantage of some of their better points and still be able to come back to the states.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
So what you're saying is you like the lack of gun control in the US that allows 8 year olds to get hand guns? It's useless for hunting and unless you're a law enforcement agent I don't seen the requirement, other than for hobbie use at a shooting range ...
First things first... parental responsibility and guns are two TOTALLY seperate issues!!!

You second statement sounds a lot like what some dude with a short mustache said back in the 30's somewhere in Germany...

Old 07-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Its funny this whole gun issue. ANytime anyone says anything about canada vs USA, they bring up gun control. the yanks say you cant have guns..blah blah blah..its always about the guns..lol

Ya know what..who cares..not once have i ever needed a gun, i wouldnt even think about owning a gun..why would i need one? To protect my house? Blah..get a dog, get a alarm...why bother with guns?

Sure there are gun people out there who like to hunt, or shoot as a sport, thats fine, i have no problem with that..but when you make it so easy as you can walk into a store lay a stack of bills on the counter and come out packing heat and yoru what..17, 18...yeah makes me feel real safe.

So lets say i find out i little johnny down the road just got a gun..well me and johnny never got along well..hell i better get one too! Well he find outs and buys 3 guns for his friends, well my friends all have to have em now too..well now we all got guns and lets all shoot each other..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Why not just go get in a fist fight..kick the $hit out of each other and live to fight another day?

I say burn all guns! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL

Old 07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Always better to have it, and not need it. Then need it and not have it!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Amen. Nothing against Canada, beautiful country, I just don't agree with certain policies. Life goes on.

Old 07-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duckdiaz
Always better to have it, and not need it. Then need it and not have it!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Stop quoting D12 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Actually i was quoting my gramps….what is D-12? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: great to be Canadian