Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

great to be Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great to be Canadian

oh yeah you were gettin ripped off big time. I pay 300 dollars a year for two quads and a dirt bike.

Old 07-31-2003, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

Yea , you sure do ship you g-d da-n lumber down her, and it puts americams out of work! If you think that that plant powers 1/4 of the US than you just might be the dumbest sumbich around

Old 07-31-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

I know its not 1/4 of the country..gezzs.takes everything to heart...i do know we supply alot of the power to the US..i dont have hard facts..get over it!

If your so AGAINST us shipping lumber down there, go call your congress man or whoever you report to and tell him so!

I didnt make the law and sign the agreement to send it down..people before my time and before your time did that..get over it!

Gezz..i too dont understand why so many Americans hate Canada..we've got nothing but love for them...

Old 07-31-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Im curious...do you know why they call it the white house?? Answer me this...

Old 07-31-2003, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

YFZWideopen if your girlfriend hates living here then why dosen't she leave? And they probably treat you like crap because of your attitude towards us, not because your American.

Old 07-31-2003, 07:26 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

The British burned the White House in 1814, part of the war of 1812, they white washed the walls and the building to cover the smoke stained walls. It was never officially called the "White House" until President Teddy Roosevelt put it on his stationary in 1901. Previous to that it was known as the Presidents Palace, or Executive Mansion

Old 07-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Awsome! I knew somone else would know it! We (or brittan) at the time burnt it down..i think we've done it twice..hehe!

anyways..just to add some fuel to the fire, i'll post this..its not my words..just a copy & paste! I think all people are equal..doesnt matter where you live..including you yanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The light bulb was developed by Henry Woodword, a Canadian, in 1874, then he sold the patent to Thomas Edison. Oops.
If the American looks consipracy/militia minded (and most of them are), try this one: Canadians are the ones who lead the way in high altitude super sophisticated MACH2 interceptors, such as the AVRO ARROW which the U.S. wanted so badly they did everything possible to stop us from producing them. They failed.
Most modern navy in the world. I'm not kidding.
You tried to invade us once. Once.
CANADA won the War of 1812, not the USA. Why? I believe that if a country can get into a nation's capital by killing that country's armies off, and burn down the White House, then they have basically won the war.
If I'm not mistaken, Canada has burnt down the White House . . . not once, but twice! We're the only country to have done so.
Nuclear meltdowns. We haven't had one. Nuclear crisis? None of those either. Nuclear weapons? Almost never had 'em, never will.
You test your missiles on us, and we don't complain!
Quick, name a country that has dropped atomic bombs on real, live people! Hint: It rhymes with Bunited Strates of Bamerica
We are the leader in telephone technology
Mounties are respected and looked up upon all around the world. Doesn't look like you'll be able to say that about the FBI, eh?
Canadian diplomats smuggled a bunch of American hostages out of the Middle East. I don't know why we bothered, but we did.
Canadian spies have completed some astounding missions, from stealing the Japanese codes from embassies during WWII to capture of a **** enigma machine.
In the early 1900's, when alcohol was still illegal in the USA, Canadians risked their lives to smuggle beer and other alcoholic substances down to the states.
"Eh" sounds a lot better than "huh", eh? We know how, and when to use the word, "eh"
At least we have a legitimate claim to be interested in the Royal Family!
Canadian flag? We don't have to change it every time we add a province.
Our cities don't shut down because of a bit of wimpy frost.
Canada has more clean water than any other nation
At least our inner cities are still habitable.
We have the world's longest bridge
We have the world's longest street
Canada is ranked the NUMBER ONE nation in the world by the UN (in fact, we've been #1 for a few years, now.)
Superman, blindly stolen by the U.S. for their own propaganda purposes.
No one here likes 90210. There will never be a show named K2j 3y9
Japanese tourists just love Anne of Green Gables.
Much Music kicks MTV's @$$.
The X-Files was filmed in Vancouver.
Celine Dion performed at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic opening ceremonies. Where was Gloria Estefan? Oh yeah, I remember now. She was sitting in a corner, pouting because her country decided to pick a Canadian to sing in THEIR Olympic Games instead of her.
We kicked your @$$ in the 100m and in the 150m. Ohh baby, it hurts to be this good, eh!
When was the last time the U.S. won an international curling match against us?
We've got better hockey players than you do. Always have, always will.
In the 1998-1999 All-Star Game, the North American team will have an all-Canadian starting line-up. And out of the 24 players on the North American roster, 19 are Canadian. So, um, whatever happened to the so-called "American takeover" of Canada's game?
We invented basketball
We invented hockey
We were the first to play modern football
We invented lacrosse
We invented 5-pin bowling
Socialized health care, so there!
I've never had to go through a metal detector at school.
Canada introduced peace-keeping
Drive-by shooting ratio: 100 to 1 or less.

Old 07-31-2003, 07:39 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Scotts88,
Why post all that when you say you don't think anybody is better than another? You will never hear the LEADERS OF THE FREE WORLD, brag about having the longest street or haveing Much Music over MTV.
We brag about being the MOST POWERFUL NATION IN THE WORLD, the nation that saved Europe from Hitler, the country that went to the moon, the country that ended the Communist hold on Eastern Europe, the country that has given more money in international aid than every other nation int he world put together.
You can have hockey and mounties.
If we wanted them we would jsut take them from you.

Old 07-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

I posted it to just get replys..to basically say that we've done some amazing things..not to say where the best! I know americans have done awsome stuff..i find it totally insulting (even though im not from the USA) when the yanks put SOOOO much money into aid and helping other countries, and get nothign in return! IF a tradgity in china happend tomorrow, big flood or somthing, the USA would be the first to offer help & aid, however if the same happend to the USA, i doubt anyone (except Canada) would offer help! Really bugs me!

Like i said, i know how great the USA is, i have no problem admiting they are the most powerfull and rich country in the world..thats fine..

what bugs me is how some people rag on Canada as being worthless and has done nothing and is SOOO Depended on america! thats what gets me...

Again, im not syaing where BETTER, just that where not worthless peices of crap that some americans make us out to be!

Old 07-31-2003, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

Just for the record I dont hate Canada, I just said I get the cold shoulder there, I dont know why? All these post have one thing in commom, we are each backing up our country and thats what its all about. I am a little pissed over the NAFTA thing that enabled the canadian lumber to undersell the US companys, but I admit that was more Clintons fault than anyones. We got the two best countries out there and we should stick together.

Quick Reply: great to be Canadian