Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Be glad you can get a new 450 !

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be glad you can get a new 450 !

For sure a few dealers are creaming the price on the new 450's in the US, be glad that you can get one !

In New Zealand, Yamaha distrubution is owned by Japan but managed out of Australia. Should all work okay right..............

Get this: prior to the first consignment down under all dealers have to agree to having to take extra stock before getting delivery of a 450: that's okay if it is something you can move, then on the eve of delivery the goal posts move, supply middle manager decides well hell I'll unload all the lemon stock ........... first it one unit, then its a second unit which is a totally overpriced YFM50, 4 stroke raptor look alike turd of a thing, hope you poor beggars don't get landed with this thing, 30% more expensive than an LT80............ and no siree no discount at all on that unit to help move it, doesn't matter what other stock we've made you accept leading up to this deal either.............

Any dealer who tells em to "shoove it" doesn't get a 450................................ this is where it gets interesting a heck of alot of them have told Yamaha to insert there "deal"................. sport quads aren't a big market.................

Lets just say there are alot of very unhappy kiwi quad riders who having back ordered YFZ450's from day one who won't get supplied unless there local dealer get "stiffed" on stocking units as and when dictated to by the distrubutor.............. supply and demand you might say............ bull !

I hope someone in US forwards this to someone higher up the Yamaha tree: Yam Australia don't seem to want to know about this NZ "problem".

Maybe we are just such a small market it just doesn't matter jack............ I dunno

Maybe it's time to shop somewhere else, don't want to but..............................

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty well spot on summary TeamNZ and yup it s***s. My brother is an NZ dealer and is pretty p*****d about the whole Yamaha attitude, so am I cause I can't get my YFZ ............... can't say much more cause some pretty serious stuff is happening with the distrubutors now........... jerks.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

You guys are really getting a hose job. BUT, even my dealer said for every YFZ he wants, he has to take some other junk he knows he will loose money on to sell it. Thats why he can't discount the prices on the YFZ's, has to make up for the lose from the junk units.

Old 08-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Your still lucky'er then we are, you cant get ANY new yamaha honda zuky kawy or c-dale quads ANYWERE in israel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

Why not ??? Be glad to sell ya one of my quads.

Old 08-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

They dont import them, something to do with a fight between our dmv and those manufacterers (sp?)..... and the sport is not that big over here.....