Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Toomey TR6's Are on!( Thanks you everyone for your help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toomey TR6's Are on!( Thanks you everyone for your help)

Well, I put them on two days ago...and just wanted to thank each and everyone of you guys..for the support and confidence you gave me as I am a recent convert to the "off-road" scene. Also a special thanks to DunePilot858,14mins,Banshee2003 for walking me through this.
I now know how to change jets!!

Well the process went smooth..and took about 2 and 1/2 hours.

The "shee" fired right up..and the only thing that is weird..is that it idles a bit higher now.

Did any of you guys for see this problem? I like it personally..cause now I can start the quad without choke and right after I start it up..I can let it sit there on its own and let it warm up...as before I would have to give it gas or it would die out...cause it idled so low.

Here is the only problem I had..and maybe you guys can figure it out. I explained to Paul (Dunepilot858) and we couldnt figure it out.
When I first took the shee out for a test run...I had let it warm up for about 30 sec...and hopped on it when I got out on the main roads..and it had NO power whatsoever. So I immediately took the shee back home..to see what the problem was.
Well I didnt put the Toomey air filter or ventilation caps..as Im getting a K&N so I didnt want to drill holes in my airbox.
So when i got back..I just took the front snorkle piece off the airbox lid..and then took it out again..and man..I got into 3rd gear below the powerband and hit WOT...and when the powerband kicked it..I swear the wheels lifted off the ground..with me forcing my 160 pd *** on the frontend. It have NEVER done that..when it was stock..I was amazed by how much power an exaust system could give to such a small CC motor. I am into cars...and in that hobby..Exaust systems dont do all that much for hp.
I then flipped a u turn in the shee..and got on it again..and man..wheels wanted to come up on all gears. I am stoked now..

What I am wondering..is now the shee runs fine...even yesterday I took her for a quick spin..and she pulls like a champ.

I think imma take Pauls advice and get some new plugs..just in case.

Thanks again guys...Lets hear some feedback .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-Eric

Old 08-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Banshees wake up when you add pipes, wait to you port that thing!!!! The pipes hit different than the stockers and that is what you are feeling

Old 08-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks 14 min. for the previous help you gave me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Why do you think I had that rapid change in power though..from the 1st ride...having no power..then the second...pullin the wheels off the ground..and now it runs fine..

You think it was cause the quad wasnt warmed up?

Old 08-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Damn that's koo, now you can keep up with your friends in their stock Shee's... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

yah, if I keep it in 1st gear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

some times you got to clean the carbs out. If you put around it kind of loads up for a lack of description. Give the throtle a few wacks and pop the clutch. Most likely cause the air filter was chocking the new mods.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When i grow up i am going to have a 100 hp banshee to park by my raptors

Old 08-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Didn't you get burned 3 times by James? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Tarzan03
Didn't you get burned 3 times by James? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Nope, I sure didnt..but come on man..lets not act like a kid here..Its a hobby..nothing more ..nothing less...Nothing to prove here...but to have some good pure fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Wimp..lol it's all in the name of fun..

Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Tarzan- you signuture?? LOL