Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what is so great about the yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is so great about the yfz?

DS and a predator over a raptor in a drag? Whatever!!! Raptor rider couldn't ride then. We have the same scenario on the river every weekend. Three guys run stock bikes, raptor, ds, predator and cannondale. Results: 1. raptor 2. ds 3. predator 4. cannondale. Same every time ran on wet sand, good traction.

As far as the YFZ, I agree. I rode one for the first time today and was sorely disappointed. I found it to be the most uncomfortable quad I have ever been on and the seat was twice as hard as a z400's (now that's saying something). I was not overly impressed with the suspension or handling of the quad and felt it to be lacking in the area of power when compared to the bikes I am used to riding. I don't have a bike on my place I would trade for a YFZ. Not a bad bike but not nearly what everyone is hyping it up to be!

~HoundDog

Old 08-12-2003, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: niceman
a raptor is faster than the yfz ( a pro even said it )

Well next time you see the PRO. Tell him R4LIFE said he was wrong. Way wrong!

Old 08-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Range Rover

Can't say anything about how fast a preadtor or a ds is compared to a yfz 450 but last week at the races i pulled every holeshot over this raptor that had pipe filter high compression piston and port job with wiseco hot cams in it. My bike has the air box lid removed and the baffle out with the carb rejeted. So i will have to say that the yfz gets up tp speed faster but does not have a higher top speed.

Old 08-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

I was not impressed with the yfz either!
2 small........2 uncomfortable.......and 2 little bottom end torque!

Old 08-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
A raptor faster than a YFZ, LMAO. Not stock, and not if they both have just a pipe, it's not even close. Sure, the ergo's may be a little weird for you "couch" racers, but thats how ALL the race quads are set up, ALL of them. The YFZ has the best ergo's EVER found on a quad, at least for racing. And it handles better than anything else out there stock. As for lacking in power, lol, sure. Maybe if you're afraid to rev it up it might feel slow. Learn how to ride and it's a whole new ballgame. Think a predator has better suspension than a yfz? thats even funnier. Go ride both on a track and then compare your lap times. Sure, the seat may be a little hard, but if you use the seat that much, you just don't know how to use a race quad. The hard seat makes it easier to move around on, and thats a neccesity for a MX racer. All the complaining I hear on this forum is from riders that don't race and can't ride, all the racers I've ever talked to have absolutely LOVED it. Maybe this bike is just a wake up call to all the wannabee's that thought they could ride. Better think again
I totally agree with you.. This machine seperates those that can only talk with those that can really ride.. I've spent 6 to 8 hours a day riding fast woods trails and never once did I feel the seat was uncomfortable. Ergos are great for me at 5'10" tall and 180 lbs. I can position my body all over the place to obtain the fastest riding positions based on terrain and manuevers and never once compromise my fear factor. This machine is not for everyone, but those that want to go fast and not have any limitations will love this machine right off the showroom floor.

Old 08-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

The YFZ450 shines the most when it's rode hard. So some people will never experience the full potential of the bike. And like MNRAP said" This bike isn't for everybody".But niether is any other bike out there.

Old 08-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

R4life and big scary how big are you guys?

Old 08-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

6'2" 255lbs

Old 08-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 5'6" 170 lbs.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

all i read was the firts post.....im lazy sorry

i got my yfz and smoked my buds rapy wit pipes becasue my yfz revs so much faster. Also, it has better suspension than any quad on the market today. Even better than a 3000 set up on racers. So u save urself 3000 bucks by gettina yfz not rapy. ALSO U CAN'T RACE A RAPY IN CERTAIN CLASSES WIT OUT DESLEVE KIT. MAKES IT REAL SLOW COMPARED TO YFZ. has to be a 440cc.

Quick Reply: what is so great about the yfz?