Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what is so great about the yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is so great about the yfz?

Two cents from Shady the Thread Killer. What we are witnessing is the specialization of the quad market. The customer base is getting large enough so that a manufacturer does not have to make each model please a huge broad range of riders. The YFZ is a track mx quad. If you want something comfortable for your big 260 pound butt to cruise the dunes get a Raptor. I'd think people would recognize this; Yamaha did their homework and made something that will work wonders on the track, and other uses were secondary in their design. Applaud this, even if the YFZ is not exactly for you and your type of riding, because maybe soon another specialized quad will be.

Old 08-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

okay my buddies rapy was faster...he cuz dynoed it and he had 75hp so u can see how that whent. but u really got to think about it ...a yfz is better than a rapy on track. Rapy is better on dunes. much rather ride my yfz than rapy though even at the dunes!

Old 08-17-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: StockRappy
ds650 are only good for drags, they dont compare to a raptor / predator in trails / dunes
Get real![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The DS rules the dunes! And when a real man is at the controls, the DS does very well as a trail quad too! Bombardier only builds machines for big, strong, tough individuals. They don't make no sissy bikes![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

What makes the YFZ so great is the fact that manufacturers are now TRYING to put effort and technology into quads instead of focussing primarily on their dirt bikes for motocross, this is just the start, and if this is the start, give them a couple years to really get the heat on for competition... I can't wait to see how this sport turns out in 2 years! Who cares bout Honda/Yamaha rivalry, you should just be happy they finally got their brains together to start making quads they can actually call racing quads instead of sport quads... Bout time someone put rezzie adjustable front shocks on a quad from the manufacturer! Kudos for Yamaha to be the first to release it, I can't wait to see the Honda, and see how Kawie and Suzuki retaliate! Bring it on, let them fight it out in our benefits, we are the consumer, we don't have to argue and compete with eahother, let the manufacturers do that, lets just ride and enjoy the new benefits of the competition and new market expansion/technology coming into quads these days! Every quad was built with different intentions, who cares if one quad is better than the other in certain aspects, don't buy it if you don't want it, don't diss it just cause you don't like it, just ride what you wanna ride.... I'm not afraid to say I like something from every manufacturer, if I was rich, I'd have a quad of every make for my own reasons, I luv quads, not brands.....

Old 08-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

ridly no joke he got it dnyoed at monmouth cycs today when they put on bigger carbs and it was 78hp! This kid has about 2 million in the bank bro! (wish i was him)

Old 08-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

Its just whats new....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]