Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what is so great about the yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is so great about the yfz?

and yfz i agree wit u a 100 percent (fist page )

Old 08-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

WAIT I GOT IT... my freind has a rapy wit 4 grand into the engine alone.....ill race em and tell u how it came out!

Old 08-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

WAIT I GOT IT... my freind has a rapy wit 4 grand into the engine alone.....ill race em and tell u how it came out!
excuse me while i get this out of my system.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!.......ok I'm done now

Old 08-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Take another drag on that doobie bud. Seems like its doing some good so far.

~HoundDog

Old 08-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

my dad just bought one and no way a rappy will hang with it!!!! I beat him on my ds BUT when we switched I beat him on his yfz!
for stock its great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] you guy shoulden't get mad that its faster then your quad because you will never make it to a track to see how fast it really is!

Old 08-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: StockRappy
ds650 are only good for drags, they dont compare to a raptor / predator in trails / dunes
Man... your not even allowed to say the word "dunes" without saying Banshee and DS. Where do you ride?

Old 08-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Predator and love it, but I can tell you that the YFZ is an absolutley great quad. WORTH EVERY PENNY! I raced one two weeks ago and if the line had been 20 feet further, he would have won for sure. I also saw an almost completely stock one win the A class quad mx last weekend. He walked away from Raptors like they were standing still. You guys on Raptors will probably never like it, because you have to ride it completely differently. The quad isn't about low end power, it revs super fast and makes tons of power on top. It works great for what it was built.

Ryan

Old 08-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

i've heard great things about the raptor in dunes,many people say they've never ridden in dunes without a few raps there...

Old 08-15-2003, 03:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

i would have to say i am very impressed with the yfz it is the best looking quad you can buy and probebly fastest 2. Im not impressed by a raptor at all that huge motor yet it still isnt that fast i saw a warrior with some motor mods beat a raptor up a hill and the raptor had an e series and jets if i bough a raptor i change the gears for more acceleration.Who cares about top speed really its how fast you can get there. I would buy a banshee or a yfz 450 before the thought of a raptor ever crossed my mind.

Old 08-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Personally.... As ironic as this sounds, I would rather buy my wife a raptor and buy myself a YZF. The raptor is great for trails and all around riding but isn't a race machine. Plus the raptor would be great for my wife because it stears lite, has a lite front end, and she is less likely to stall it. Now if were talking about myself. Potential in motor, speed, revs, and racing ergos there is no way I would choose the raptor over a YZF.

Quick Reply: what is so great about the yfz?