Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Riders weight makes a difference.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riders weight makes a difference.

I was just watching some videos of mine. It just blows me away at how much difference there is with the weight of a rider. Some of you have seen these and some won't care but it's a cool comparison.

1st video. Me and my brother racing up competition hill Dumont Dunes, California. Pretty much equal mods at that time. Pay no attention to Mario blowing by us. LOL
Riders within 30lbs or so at this time. Me being the heavier one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 1.4mb

2nd video of my son on my quad racing my brother the same day.
What a difference. I wish I could go up that hill that fast. LOL. 1.3mb

Before you fast 2 strokes start ******* me about that not being fast, I know there's no comparing a fast 2 stroke with a wanna be fast 4 stroke. ok?

Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

yeah man.......I can race stock shees and bearly beat them........and then I put one of friends on my rappy and he leaves them like they are sitting still (he weighs about 150 and I weigh about 255)
it sux bein big sometimes
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Got that right. The best mod for the dollar would be for me to get down to 200lbs. I'm at 250 or so myself. With a 200lb rider on a stock bore, piped, jetted mild domed and ported shee you should be able to beat them or at least keep up with them with your mods imo. Stock shees aren't even in the picture. I know you were just making a crack on being bigger. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, Im in the quarter "G" club too. We just need to add more hop ups to our quads to keep the speed up. Would rather die with a barbequed rib in my mouth than a rice cake.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

lol how do you think i feel i weigh 250 and my friends like 140 with a shee lol damn skinny kids. HMMM whats that number for jenny craig again?

Old 08-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

I was just informed that I was going to have to start running.........LoL
my gf weighs about 108 and she thinks she is fat........(she doesn't have a prollem......all girls think they are fat)
LoL
so we have to start runnin now
GRR
LOL
fat boy runnin........NOT FUN!

Old 08-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, It may be the best and cheapest mod (to lose weight) but buying faster parts is a lot easier.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

the best way to lose weight is to buy a honda, u get tons of exercise from pushing it back home =D, lol just joking

Old 08-14-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

ya when i race with my cousins 400ex (stock) i can beat raptors with pipes and paddles

me (95lb) 400ex has paddles

Old 08-14-2003, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

with me being 6'4" and 260 lbs i understand what you guys are saying but i gained a lot of performance in the sand drags that we do where i ride buy lowering my gear ratio and being careful to check my tire pressure each time before i ride.i am using 21" haulers and i am running 12/40 gearing and it works very well to help compensate for a weight difference.this works very good for a short race but it would take away from the top end but in reality how many times do we go over 65 mph in a drag race, not very often at least not for me. i just enjoy beating some of the smaller guys because they think that at my size that i couldnt possibly do well in a drag race but they dont know how much time i have spent dialing in my raptor for the hill that i race on.i got a chance to race a kid of about 100 lbs who was on a yfz last weekend at the dunes where i ride and after i beat him three times in a row he didnt want anymore of that and yes he could ride very well.

Quick Reply: Riders weight makes a difference.