Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Raptor clutch kits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Raptor clutch kits?

Havent put it on yet...I have the piston, cam, nology, 14T sprocket, Proflo and BIGGER jets on hold right now. Have to get some $$$ to get all this installed.

Old 08-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

I have to pay to have most of my internal mods done, too. lol

That thing should be quite a sleeper with just the slip on. I love it

Old 08-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

That thing should be quite a sleeper with just the slip on. I love it
Thats my goal, actually no one knows I have done any mods besides my slip on. Only things that you can see on my quad are the carbon fiber lables, coolant guard, tank cover, brake cover and my axle spacers. I hope my cam and piston dont make it any louder than it is right now, I want as FULL SLEEPER and I can go. Im pretty good working on cars and rebuilding engines but I dont have any time to do my mods so I pay to have most of them, Ive only done my extenders, CF stuff and my sprockets. My last mod would be a nitrous shot but I think I would have to extend it a couple of inches and that would blow my cover a bit. How are you liking the juice? How much was the kit?

Old 08-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Air- Craycraft should have a 727 with override tranny on in dragstrip in the next 2 weeks. Nobody knows if it will make a pass or not. The motor is also going to have custom front end, custom dyna ignition, 39mm FCR's, custom intake, custom pistons, pins and special cam. The first pass should be interesting. It is also going to be sporting a large shot of NOS after it makes a few passes.

Wallstreet- I like the nology wire. The install is a breeze. You cut the existing wire and srew a collar over that and the nology wire srews into the other side. Then you heat shrink the supplied cover over that. Remove one allen head srew to ground it and you are done. I think it is worth the money. Looks good anyway

Adam- your quad looked good the other night at the track, now get it to hook up and get under 5.0 . I like that track and will be back. I hope to get to 5.2 or better on the 2001. The first night was dissapointing to say the least. Over jetted and a loose ground.

Old 08-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 14.....a friend of mine wants a Nology...you still got some?

Old 08-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 14, you were talking about that Raptor with just a 20 shot and pipe that was running around a 5 flat in the 300 ft. Do you know what his gearing and tires were? Thanks, I'm really tryin to get this beotch dialed in before sandfest.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Mark, I found out it wasn't that I wasn't hooking up, it is my clutch. I made one pass, and ran a 5.5, and I was like, "that can't be right", so I went back, and did some more adjustments on my clutch and went and ran a 5.13 with no juice. So that was my problem, I think I can get below 5.0 with a new clutch. When is the next race at TSD?

Old 08-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Wallstreet- taller haulers and 13/40 gearing. under 5 seconds 300 feet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

By Taller Haulers do you mean 22 inchers?

Old 08-18-2003, 05:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Air- this motor is not mine. The guy that it belongs to is doing every thing first rate. I would be afraid to even guess what the total price is going to be for all the mods, including the custom frame parts. We have no idea if the tranny is even going to work. It is going to be durability tested fast and hard under 5 seconds at a time. It might not even have a counterbalancer in it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I do know the crank assembly should be back in Bobs hands by wensday of this week and hopefully it will be built this coming weekend and make its first passes the following weekend. The cam that this motor is going to run was installed in my raptor it break the cam in and not have to break it in on the dragster. It is a very interesting raptor build.

Quick Reply: Best Raptor clutch kits?