Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Stock Accel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Stock Accel Pump

Is the stock on adjustable? I got my jetting down pack now but she still aint throwin me like she should be. She bogs then if u re it up she'll launch. I think My pump maybe worn or it needs more burst of fuel since I put a lumpier cam in it. Thanks

Old 08-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The linkage on the pump arm can be bent a little to put the arm closer to the rod so it actuates sooner, another thing to check is the pitiful spring Yamaha put on the pump rod. If you take the side cover off, see if the rod is stuck down. The best fix for this is to take the bowl off, and take the rod out, and replace the spring on the bottom with a click type ink pen spring. it is the same size,but about 5 times stiffer, so it won't allow the rod to stick down, starving your engine for fuel when you hit the throttle. Give these two things a try and see if that helps, it sure made a difference on my Wolverine ,the 95 had the same model carb on it until they went to the cv type carb on the 96 on up Wolverines.

Old 08-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey thanks I appreciate it. I'm going to go try and find a click pen haha and I'll let ya know how it goes. Thanks

Old 08-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Wolv another thing is should I loosen the nut on the arm or bend it? If I bend it looks like I'll break it. I tried loosening that nut but it seems like it doesnt wanna move. But I'm being gentle I dont wanna break anything.

Old 08-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Could maybe try gluing something on top of of the rod like a lead BB gun pellet then you could slowly file that down till you get it perfect (since you wouldnt even have to take anything apart to adjust it, just leave the dust cover off). Another option would be a big dab of epoxy which can also be filed down if its the right kind.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jakal Thanks for the tips. The devil of jetting has struck again. Remember I had a problem with that bogging from 0 to full throttle? I got my bottom back now but the top end doesnt want to run I'am SERIOUSLY getting pissed off at it. Get yours going any better?

Old 08-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KILLERCUDA
Hey Jakal Thanks for the tips. The devil of jetting has struck again. Remember I had a problem with that bogging from 0 to full throttle? I got my bottom back now but the top end doesnt want to run I'am SERIOUSLY getting pissed off at it. Get yours going any better?
Sounds like you rich, I had the same problem today with mine. I just put a hotter burning plug in (7) and I think it fixed it. Try that, or you may want to take the clip on your needle up one position

Old 08-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'll try moving that needle up one. Thanks Crotts.