Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Loyal Yamaha guy switching brands

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loyal Yamaha guy switching brands

Originally posted by: cop
So a scrambler 500 4x4 is a Utility? Last i knew it was a sport machine with 4x4 on it. or is it a utility machine with sporty plastic on it and the racks removed? Any quad is for drag racing!! Run what you brung!!! Last year I took my Vinson to the hatfield and McCoy trails for Dirt Week. I had my 27" ITP 589's on it and made it further though the mud pit than ANY Polaris! In fact both of the 700 Sportmans broke their front axles in the mud and had to be towed out by three quads because the overweight battleships were to heavy. The only quad to go further than my Vinson was a Yamaha Grizzly with a lift kit and 28" Vampires on it. It is the tires that you use that make the difference.
Cop-WTF, I don't have a Scrambler. Bring your 3X4 up to Minnesota and I'll show you how to ride mud. I ride with 3 Vinsons and they are pretty pethetic when the trail gets muddy.

Old 08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

scamblers are sick in da mud!

Old 08-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

whatever...

Old 08-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Haven't even read the whole topic since I'm too lazy but here's a little story. Yesterday , I was riding with some of my friends:

- 1994 <u>Honda</u> 300EX (me)
- 1993 <u>Yamaha</u> Blaster
- 1987 <u>Suzuki</u> Quadrunner 230

And finnaly a 2000 <u>Polaris</u> Magnum 325

Guess who got towed back by his mother's truck? You're right, the POPO. polaris is just crap, I'Ve never seen one run good excepting the predator... but anyways.... let the predator a couple of years and it be crap

That it's that's all .......... <u>POLARIS SUCKS</u>

Old 08-27-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

why do honda yamaha guys (not all of them) always take the cheap hits likes maybe your friend isn't a good rider or you compare sport quads to a slow utiltly thats cheap i have to admit if i was riding with you all i'd be ahead of all of ya. so ya thats a stupid comparison by far. you just can't compare a utility quad with your sport quad how many mods did you have on your quads too! so just to let you know again thats stupid and a dumb comparison. trust me i took a 400ex on a track with some mods soooooooooooo don't even think your 300ex can compare to my quad

Old 08-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

lol quadsport230!! all brands brake down,ive seen a brand new 400ex blow the motor after 40 hrs of riding,also there is a post on this forum about alot of raptors bracking down,im not saying they are crap.GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT predators arent the only polaris that runs good,they all run sweet.ive been beating my scrambler for over a year now and its been rolled over backwards more times than i can remember,and the only thing that has broke was the axle,and that was totally mt fault..ive also been hit by a banshee doing at least 70,the kid lost control and slammed me from a angle right into my floor boards,drove right up over my front fender and got launched about 10 ft in the air and came down hard,of cource his machine was totalled but my scrambler only suffered a scratch off saftey sticker the kid did me a favor lol,but anyway i would have to say that is one strong reliable polaris..that polaris you were riding with must be the only one youve ever seen because my polaris runs good enough to make you and your buddies eat my dust all day long,thats if it dont settle by the time you catch up..

Old 08-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

blow up after 40 hours? wtf, how many times did he roll it

Old 08-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

lol he flipped it over backwards doing a wheelie but that was only once ..i guess it was just a defect..he is up and running again though

Old 08-28-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

i would have to say MY polaris sucks...our sp700 has spent more time in the shop then in our garage. blowin gaskets, leaking oil, anti-freeze, all kinds of odd shiz...we r ready send the POS off a cliff and get a new YAMAHA!!!

my raptor on the other hand....problem free for 3 years..one way just went. 3 years w/ no problems is pretty good. the polaris on the other hand had 50 miles and it was in the shop for weeks!!!

bottom line shiz hads...just MORE shiz happens to POS polaris!!!!

Old 08-28-2003, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

soooooooooooo what every quad is made different sometime machines screw up when making the quad it happens

Quick Reply: Loyal Yamaha guy switching brands