Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Loyal Yamaha guy switching brands

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loyal Yamaha guy switching brands

I've owned Yamahas since I was a kid. Snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs. I'm so disgusted with my '02 Grizzly I've sold it and plan on buying a SP600 or 700. This will cause a domino effect with me since I'm also planning on replacing my '99 Yamaha 700sx snowmobile. If I'm happy with the SP this fall, I'll most likely be on a Polaris this winter as well. And if I decide to get back into motorcycling next spring, those Victory's are looking pretty nice. Thanks alot Yamaha.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

we lost another one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] . Those Sp. r nice but the 700 is to heavy the 500 H.O. would be the lightest and probaly the fastest or the 600 would also be nice.

D [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

the 700 is faster than the 500
even though it is heavier

Old 08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

if you are gonna get a polaris sled too get a RMK700....great sled[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Why not the Prarie 700? As a loyal Yamaha snowmobiler you should be familiar with the phrase "I'd rather eat yellow snow than ride a Polaris!"

Old 08-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

why does yamaha people hate polaris so f-ing much there not bad quads there pretty fast most of the quads polaris make keep up with the yamaha's or do better the yamahas my trailblazer is good in woods and stay ahead of yamahas in the woods and in sand too but i don't hate yamaha i like there quads there good quads but don't hate on polaris for no reason

Old 08-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Im sorry but every polaris i have ever seen (aside from the predators) have been one big pice of rolling crap. Some of my friends in our riding group have had them, and they broke down constantly even after good matinece and not being abused, I dont know how many times my warriors pulled a polaris back to the truck while i have yet to break down once.......... And as far as your trailblazer staying ahead of the yamaha;s i have yet to had follow any polaris exculding the predator...... I dont like polaris because i belive they are unreliable. There are three in my nieghborhood, all 3 years old, none of them run... That doenst say to much to me.......

Ryan-

Old 08-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaceWarrior350
Im sorry but every polaris i have ever seen (aside from the predators) have been one big pice of rolling crap. Some of my friends in our riding group have had them, and they broke down constantly even after good matinece and not being abused, I dont know how many times my warriors pulled a polaris back to the truck while i have yet to break down once.......... And as far as your trailblazer staying ahead of the yamaha;s i have yet to had follow any polaris exculding the predator...... I dont like polaris because i belive they are unreliable. There are three in my nieghborhood, all 3 years old, none of them run... That doenst say to much to me.......

Ryan-
I'll race your Warrior with my one big peice of rolling crap. By the way my big piece of rolling crap hangs with my 416EX, I doubt your warrior can.

Old 08-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

The people who believe that Polaris are reliable;
1. Must never ride their Polaris.
2. Must have never owned anything else.
3. Owe so much $$$ on their machines to where they can't afford to believe anything else.
4. Own a dealership.

In the past 3 months my buddies Trailblazer had to be towed back to the trucks a few times cutting our riding adventures short, this $#!t is getting OLD real fast. I liked it at first but the thing keeps falling apart. It went down last weekend for axle bearings....................AGAIN! Even he's starting to think its a POS and wanting something else.

Old 08-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

dude you who are u to talk. i would say somethin but im not aware of your finacial standing so i wont put down you OZARK. but if u wanna talk about reliability then ride the sportsman 500 H.O. i bet it will beat your ozark. heck i bet it will go through twice as much stuff then a vinson. so dont start crap talking. polaris redeemed them selves GREATLY with the SP's and the predator. dont cut down whatcha dont know fool. do some research before you fly off at the mouth about an old polaris stereo type. w/e man -PEACE-[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Loyal Yamaha guy switching brands