Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LA Designs One way

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA Designs One way

Just got mine today. Nice piece of equipment. Looks to be alot better design than Yamahas. Ripper Racing (Warrior007) who advertises here is where I got mine. Great deal. Looks to be well worth the money. Started right up, works like a charm. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Give Ripper racing a call and get yours if your in need. Warrior007 is also the guy that gives you Raptortranny.com. Yeah, I'm giving him a plug. Treated me right so it's a way to give back. Did it for Craycraft racing also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Mine starts so much better than it ever did now. I barely touch the starter and its fired up. Great product highly recommend. Enjoy the new no starter problems rappy wrshskin

Old 08-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

good news, im ordering mine this weekend. did u just get the one way or did u get the kit. im going to go ahead and get the kit.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just got the one way, had gaskets from the rebuild on my other Raptor left over. Fortunatly the gear was still smooth and in good shape so I passed on that one. It is best to get the gear and the one way. If I had more money I would have gotten the gear anyway whether I thought I needed it or not.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thats what I did wshrdskin. I bought the the gear and one-way so that way know its all new and in good condition. You ll like it disturbed

Old 08-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Mine went sour while on Vacation at the Or. dune of North Bend. On Aug 5th it went sour, next day I order it thur phone after finding the number thur here and had it ship over night. That same day of ordering, I took the one way bearing take apart and be ready for the next day. During that time it was a bear to remove the flywheel. So the next day around noon the items was deliver at my friend house at Winchester Bay and in an hour later it was up and running. Even though it cost me a few extra dollar for shipping but want it fast so I can ride it for the rest of Vacation.

It was well worth it and alot better design for sure. I give a both thumb up!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Im glad you like the L&A one-way, simple and effective. I put the test unit through the ringer a few weeks ago 80 miles into a 135 mile ride and the choke cable nylon nut broke at the carb leaving my choke half on, I musta pressed that button 200 times restarting every other turn before the battery started to go dead. I bet if I had a brandnew stocker one-way that day it would have killed it in one day for sure. The motor was kicking back, coughing and choking and stalling at everyturn.

Old 08-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have that oneway as well and you can see in my pics here what my stocker looked like. The owner of LA design hooked me up right with a oneway and it's alot better than the stocker. If I wind up with another Rappy for the wife I'll buy another and replace it before any problems arise. I'd rather not have another trip ruined by a quad you cant start. I advise anyone with a clanking starter to swap it before it damages other parts and costs a whole lot more to fix. Buy the LA and do it right the first time. I'm just glad mine didnt go out on a long drive trip to St Anthony's or something like that. As it was a 3 hour drive for an hours riding torqued me off enough.

Old 08-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

That is a great site. I notice having to hit the start button twice to get the starter to engage,,,,and a loud 'clack' noise if I stall.

Would I be doing me or my motor a favor by replacing the one-way before it goes completely?

Should I even bother taking it to a dealer for a chance at warranty??(it has been stock since I bought it 18 months ago)(just installed pipe yesterday, havent ridin w/pipe yet).

If it does go, can the engine be jump started without causing further damage internally???

thanks

Old 08-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

On mine I had to hit the starter and it would only go half a revolution or so and stop then stab it again and it would go, and loud clanging when it stalled. Soon after that it freewheeled a couple times, then it stopped freewheeling and started working again for 6 or so months but it sounded very sick but worked up until I changed it out. LOTS of metal shavings inside, and the gear was just about ruined.

You can try yamaha, but it depends on you and the dealers relationship it seems. Some peope have had it covered

Quick Reply: LA Designs One way