Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Engine Clanking?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Engine Clanking?

Okay, thanks for all the input! I am going to take off the starter and make sure that the noise goes away then, and if it does, I wont worry about it!

BTW..the Piston/cylinder was toast on this thing when i tore it down! The exhauist side of the piston was scored as bad as some 2-strokes i have seen with running an impropper fuel mix!

I havent decided to do for that, the 365cc kit, or just bore it enough to clean it up.

Thanks,
matt

Old 08-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

365 is a maximum overbore and youll be kinda screwed when it needs a new one. Could prolly do 360 though and have an extra bore. Gaining the those few ccs wont really help alot though. Extra compression from a non stock piston will give her a nice kick all over though. Is the cam worn out? im sure you could use a new one of them too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Before you know it youve rebuilt it into a hotrod for barely more than it would have cost to rebuild it to stock. New cams are "suposed" to get new rocker shafts and rocker arms though which kinda sucks because they are a bit pricey.

Old 08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt get the new rocker arms/shafts jsut put em in the side they came out. Runs Goood.

Old 08-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I was planning on doing the cam too, plus the over bore kit. I might as well go all out while I am at it! I need to pull the head apart and check the valve guides too, and make this thing as fresh as possible. It needs a lot of work! The guy I got it from tried to make it look like a raptor, cut up all the plastic, so all that needs replaced, and from the looks of that top end, he tried to run it like one too. They rewired it and eliminated all the relays for the reverse/neutral cut out, removed headlights, broke and rewelded the frame. I think its still bent somewhere because it pulls extreemly hard to the right. SO bad that if you let go of the bars it will turn itself right almost instantls. Its a killer driving it , hurts my arms just to keep it straight!!!!!!!!! But hey, whats life without a project...or 3...right?

Thanks,
Matt