Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ450

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450

I'm thinking of trading in my warrior and blaster for a YFZ450 but i want to now how it handles. I would like it to handle like the banshee. And ride just as well or better. I don't want another banshee. So i'm looking tword the YFZ450 or Z400. Have you YFZ owners have any problems yet? thanks for your help

Old 08-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

the banshee was never known for its handling abilities so it should beat it there pretty easy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

Well the banshee rides alot better than my blaster and warrior. Needless to say. I i like how the banshee handles. Its a happy medium inbetween the blaster and warrior

Old 08-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

But my other questions was how does it ride? and also how is its accelitation? I ride on the dunes and handling the ride and accel are important to me. I don't really care about top speed because i rarely drag or even hit 60. It also has a small gas tank (2.6gal) i was wondering how far it would go (on the adverage)

Old 08-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

Dude Dude Dude.....I went from a Warrior to the yfz.......That is such a HUGE upgrade.....The handling compared to the Warrior is.....well there is absolutely no comparison...trust me if you do this you will regret NOTHING!! Warning though!!! Such an upgrade may result in a temporary perma-grin that will last for up to 5 weeks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As far as problems.....none for me....I've heard of bent A-arms, but you will notice most people have to struggle to find any faults with this bike so far.

I ride pretty much dunes only, and it is perfect IMO for the dunes....great handling great accelaration.....I am not sure about the gas mileage, but I've done some long ride w/o having to fill up--havn't run out of gas yet!!--

Old 08-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

Have you YFZ owners have any problems yet?
Yes:

Finding other 4-strokes w/ 440 kits that can keep up!
Finding a tuner that can port it for me - I know they're out there, I just don't know where.
Riding slowly.
Answering all the questions the Pred owners ask.
Keeping fuel in it.

selector

Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

Originally posted by: selector
Have you YFZ owners have any problems yet?
Yes:

Finding other 4-strokes w/ 440 kits that can keep up!
Finding a tuner that can port it for me - I know they're out there, I just don't know where.
Riding slowly.
Answering all the questions the Pred owners ask.
Keeping fuel in it.

selector

LOL

Old 08-22-2003, 12:42 AM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450

The only "problem" I've had is dealing with how hot the header pipe gets as I mentioned in another post... other than that its been better than I expected even.

I had heard all kinds of reports about how uncomfortable it was because of the stiff shocks and seat... but to tell you the truth I haven't noticed it while riding. I only notice the stiff seat when I'm just sitting on it and not moving.

One of the best things I like to say about it is how you can't hardly make a mistake on it... the YFZ 450 is so good that it makes up for all the bonehead things the rider does [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450

Originally posted by: DietCokeOfEvil
The only "problem" I've had is dealing with how hot the header pipe gets as I mentioned in another post... other than that its been better than I expected even.

I had heard all kinds of reports about how uncomfortable it was because of the stiff shocks and seat... but to tell you the truth I haven't noticed it while riding. I only notice the stiff seat when I'm just sitting on it and not moving.

One of the best things I like to say about it is how you can't hardly make a mistake on it... the YFZ 450 is so good that it makes up for all the bonehead things the rider does [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I agree with you 100% on everything you said, especially the last part....that was the first thing I noticed when I first took mine out....I was in the top end of my 4th gear riding through dust when unexpectedly I came across some deep whoops I didn't see.....I thought for sure I was tossed!!! But the yfz just ate them up....I would've been tossed for sure on my warrior.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:07 AM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450

Jerrydlish my previous ride was a warrior too... its amazing that they can both be classified as a sport quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: YFZ450