Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DR. D Raptor Reverse Lever

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DR. D Raptor Reverse Lever

Installed the reverse lever on the Raptor, great instructions, easy installation, can access it without taking hand off the grip, works great, looks great, $55.00 at my Yami shop. Has anybody else invested in this product and what are your thoughts?

Old 08-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, I have it too, it's by far one of the most convenient mods for the Rappy.... I really enjoy mine, and have yet to adjust it, works awesome from the day it was installed and so much faster in and outta Rev now... I'd recommend it to anyone that has broken their cheesy plastic mounted reverse **** like I have or anyone that appreciates and uses the reverse system to work, and to work fast... I think personally it looks alot cleaner and neater too with the annodized red lever, looks stock!

Old 08-23-2003, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

I have one too, yes easy to install and very convienent to use. I put my ignition switch in the old reverse hole after modding the plug and then ,oved the lights on the fender. Looks good ....

Old 08-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

I put the ignition switch down there also, I havent finished mine though I am making a bracket so the fenders come off without undoing the switch, like the reverse lever was.

Old 08-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

where you getting these? Ebay?

I wouldn't mind getting one so I could but my 12v cig lighter in that hole!

Old 08-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

I put one on my wifes Rappy. She loves it!!!...I took the reverse **** off of mine so I force myself to either ride down the hill or whatever situation I'm in, or get off...chicken out..and pull it backwards manually. I've ended up growing some big chugas by not backing out....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2003, 12:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Kraw

Dr. D Raptor Reverse Lever, Dubach Racing Development. www.dubachracing.com, or most atv stores online, or your local Yami shop, that's where I got mine, retail $68.00, got mine for $55.00. One of the better investments I've made, right along with the Pro Design Billet Shifter. Push the lever in with your thumb about 1/4" and you're in reverse, I can even reach it with my hand still on the grip.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

For those of you who have moved the key switch down to where the reverse **** used to be, are the wires long enough to stretch that far? Do you also have to move the dummy lights? If someone comes up with a bracket for mounting the key switch down there please PM me and I will buy one or pay you to make me one, especially if it is chrome!!

I just got the Dr. D reverse lever, but I haven't used it yet as I am awaiting the return of my newly Craycraft ported head. Later!

RR1

Old 08-26-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

The wires for the switch are plenty long enough to reach, the bracket if someone makes one wont really be visible at all since it will be behind the plastic and mount to the reverse lever mount. You could also probably cut out the center of the DR D black plastic cap they send, I was thinking about doing that but I want to be able to take the plastic off by leaving the switch on, just like how the reverse lever was.

I moved the lights down onto the front cowl toward the right, most put them just above the radiator cap (on the bulge)

Old 08-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

I got a Dr. D and it is great but I had some trouble getting it adjusted right, down by the actuator by the foot peg. It would go into reverse fine but then sometimes when i was in first if i hit the shifter down it would go into reverse when i didn't have the reverse lever pressed. I found out that there was too much play in the cable so it would come out a little by the foot peg and catch. I adjusted it again and i'm going to try it tomorrow. Any suggestions if i can't get it?