Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

roosting cows is so funny

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roosting cows is so funny

Unless of course it seems to like being hugged by a queer, then the cow gets roosted to.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I can't even believe this post is here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] As a land owner and rancher, I can guarantee you; if you roosted my cows, you would be lucky to make it off the place with a single tire not shot. Cattle are calm animals and stay healthy as long as they are calm. Undo stress on a cow can cause miscarriages, birth defects, and spoiled meat in meat animals. All of which cause major expense to the owner. Where I come from, it is a cardinal sin to mess with someones herd and any animals messing with my cows are shot on sight. What you did was not funny. It was childish and ill advised. Why don't you tell this story to your friend's dad and see how funny he finds it. HONESTLY, can't you find somewhere to ride that wouldn't be destructive to the property of others?

~HoundDog

Old 09-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

HoundDog is right.

I ride in 60 acre pasture and we slow when we see cows and then move on and ride in another part of the pasture. I had a guy riding with me that just about got taken off his 400ex by a cow that got spooked and didn't know which way to run, so there are dangers involved.

You can have fun riding without acting like the immature child that you obviously are. Grow up.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Me and some buds, several years back, were camping and enjoying refreshments one evening along side a cow pasture. About 4am one guy decides a little cow tipping is in order (the cows stand while sleeping and well you get the rest). He is a big guy at prob 6'5" 270-280lbs.....he runs full tilt into a cow...BAM, he is immediately on the ground and the cow wakes up full tilt mad. The cow chases him all over the pasture, get this, another cow joins in LMAO, he finally ducks the cows by jumping over the fence. The only thing that saved him was he could run like the wind. It was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen.....he was lucky not too be trampled.

Old 09-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well put Hound dog!

Maybe if the Bull would have put a horn in his A$$ he would have learned a leason! (or maybe he would have liked it) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Im cool with ALOT of things in life but anything that involes being mean to an animal is where I draw the line (PERIOD)

Old 09-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan

Im cool with ALOT of things in life but anything that involes being mean to an animal is where I draw the line (PERIOD)

Are you implying that no one should hunt, set mousetraps or even step on a spider or some other little creature?
If so thats just crazy. I mean I can see getting angry with someone who is, say, tossing cats and dogs into the road just to watch them get hit. Besides its not like a little mud is gonna kill the cows or anything.

BTW, I think this thread is hilarious and if there were any cows near me I'd sure as hell try it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

that sounds like a blast I must try it!!!!

Old 09-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

HoundDog06, as a Rancher and Landowner you are so full of sh!+!!
When it comes to you shooting other peoples pets and harassing them over petty "movement" of your precious cows. You are only interested in a few pennies worth of fat these cows might burn off breaking out of a walk, you are willing, no, eager, to kill peoples pets whom they love dearly. Cowboys routinely move cattle with more agitation than events which you justify as grounds for murdering other people's animals.
Ranching is a tough business, and you guys insist on going it alone. The principals of the Open Range have been lost on the present generation of Ranchers.
OHV efforts never have the support of the ranching community, you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Out here many ranches are on National Forest, and many have to share with all kinds of trail riders. Ranchers should be working toward the common goal and common good, instead they put their selfish and short sighted interests first. Grazing permits are not deeds, yet many permittees fence off their areas, even set traps for OHV's.
The environmentalists are after these permits. I have stuck up for a couple of Ranchers here in litigation with the F.S. only to be closed out soon after their permits were renewed. Never again. You guys can go F@#K yourselves.
And I will be roosting cows. Dirty stinky, stand in one place all day long, the only water around, and turn it into a disgusting sewer. That's what cows do.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Fourlinks. Last weekend we were riding in a area that has been open in the past. Got part way up the trail and it was closed sign said for watershed protection. We got off and walked aways past the sign to an area were we always see a lot of pine hens. As we did the thing I noticed was that under the trees in the creek about 40 feet off the trail. The whole area was a giant mud pit from the six cows standing in it. The creek was full of cow manure and completely muddy as it ran just below there. The trail through this area crosses the creek just once in a rocky area. All along here the cows stand and crap in the creek. So here my riding area was closed because of damage to the water shed and the damage was from the stupid cows not the ATVs that had been blocked out. This was in forest service land. I will tell you another thing the biggest pain in this area as far as riding goes is that the cows will lay in the middle of the trail, and their second favorite place to crap is in the middle of the trail second only to in the creeks. And I have watched cows being rounded up or moved by the ranchers they run them much harder than the ATV rider ever even think of running them. I know ranching is hard work and profits are thin, but when I was growing up it was farmers and ranchers kids who taught us to cow tip, they learned it from their dads. They also rode the stupid cows for entertainment, so get off your high horse Hounddog. Besides that it is funny because cows are that dumb![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

cows are dumb? yeah they only feed the world u ignorant moron, if anyone ever did that around here and got caught they'd be riding on there disc brake by the time the farmer got done with there machine....

Quick Reply: roosting cows is so funny