Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

roosting cows is so funny

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roosting cows is so funny

I cant beleive how many imature people are on this forum...

"I like roosted rocks on a cow and it was cool, then I pooped in my hand and wiped it in my hair" LOL WTF I ask how in the He|| is this FUN? Makes no sense to me.

I will keep it to roosting the guy that I just blew past on the track! At least he had a fair chance to get out in front!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan
I cant beleive how many imature people are on this forum...
I'm beginning to believe it.........and these are the same people who drive others away from here on the premise that they have to wade through 10 punks to talk to one "adult".

I'm even more dissappointed that we have to 'beg for' forum members to come up on here and put these half-wits in their place.........isn't it amazing how these idiots tend to shut their traps when they don't have a leg to stand on and how some of them are 'now' embarrased that they ever supported some piece of trash in the first place?

How can you respect the average atver if they won't even stand up for a "cow".......let alone who would ever allow their national atv organization to waffle on life and death issues, such as helmets? Why do you think there have been articulate and intelligent people who have witnessed this behavior as being RAMPANT in our community.......and as a result..... have chosen not to lend their services or risk even being associated with us?

I really despise gutless people and what they have done to this sport. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

I'll tell you what is sad is that all the SAINTS come out and tell everyone how bad they are because they do what young people do. We know these saints never spun their tires in traffic spraying rocks on cars because they didn't think about it harming anyone. I am waitting for them to bring on a forum in support of the spotted owl. Notice these saints never do anything unresponsible. Must have been hard for other kids to grow up around them. Lighten up, it isn't like you never did anything that was inconsiderate or just flat wrong. And you laughed about it latter with your friends. You guys are acting like they are advocating drowning kittens and torturing babies. But lets drive every kid who is new to the sport away by calling them punks. I'm sure that will help our fight against the real enemy those who want to ban ATVs and block access. Because it is forums like these that they will hear about the issues and decide if they are going to help or not. They are young most of you did stupid but funny stuff when you were young, I sometimes still do dumb stuff. I may have to grow old but I refuse to grow up, thats why I still buy toys.

Old 09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

To be quite honest you are very annoying blackballed. Do you act like the self righteous *** that you are all the time? I bet people get tired of hearing you talk. People like you keep people away from this forum. To be quite honest I can wade threw the kiddy stuff but you’re mightier than thou attitude sucks. No one put the “ATV cross” on your back for you to carry the fight alone. So quit thinking your way is the only way.

But that is just my opinion and I sure you have one too. The kid probably knows that it probably wasn’t the brightest thing he ever did but you don’t have to keep slamming people.

Justin

Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: jcsact
You guys make me laugh arguing over silly things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Let me put it in perspective for some of you guys. Your quad is setting in your driveway and this guy comes by and says I think I roost that 4-wheeler. Will it do detrimental damage to the 4-wheeler? Probably not but it will leave it scratched and dirty. Then you get all pissed off after they roost your beloved machine and you say "hey that is mine what the hell are you doing that for" and he looks at you and says "hey it was fun".

how fun could that be if you roost a quad it just sits there.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Its a different story if the rider is still sitting on the quad, and he has bogged down in the soft sand!

Where I come from, that is an invitation for a good roosting!

But one has to remember " What goes around, comes around"........Ill Nino

Old 09-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well, as the first one to "stand up for the cow", I feel it is time for me to say my piece for that which has been said of me. By reading the posts since my own, I have seen my words misquoted, misconstrued, and called everything but what a civil toungue could mutter.

So... My rebutle:

My view is this gentlemen, (and this pertains to private lands, I'll get to leases in a moment) the law grants me the right to do anything in my power to protect my investments on my own property. This includes my cattle, my land, my crops, my family, and my home. In response to those who believe me to be a "tree-hugger" who is only against ATV's, if you would take one look at my signature you would notice that I ride a Stage 2 686 Raptor, hardly a rancher's quad! The local atver's of my community know that every fall around the first of October, I harvest the hay from my farm. Upon the completion of this event, as is common knowledge, my land is open to local ATVer's to do as they please. There are open flats for drag racing, jumps for aerial maneuviors, and trails for anything else. This "riding season" continues through the winter with several patrons who enjoy the free ground. Upon the arrival of spring, these people cordially cease their riding so as not to damage my hay crop for the next year, knowing that in doing so, they reserve their right to ride here next fall. However, those who decide they will have a trip through my pasture while the hay is growing, are banned forever from riding on my place. Hmmm... Now this doesn't really sound like the "tree-hugger" you had in mind now does it? Oh and the one rule to riding on my place? DON'T MESS WITH THE LIVESTOCK!!!

Now to lease land, I can't account for all farmers and granted there are several out there that are completely against ATVs. However, MOST aren't. Most farmers have no problems with ATV's so long as those ATV's follow some rules. Generally, lease farmers are paying for the use of the topsoil.

This gives them the right by law to:

1) Work the land including planting crops (or hay)
2) Harvest any crops tended (including grazing of said crops)
3) Protect their investment as outlined in their aggreement.

This third provision allows farmers to set up fences to either keep their cattle in, or other people/animals/etc... out. The reason many farmers prevent the use of ATV's on their leased land is because of previous experiences. Many people fail to respect the farmer and either ride all over instead of on roads/paths (this stomps any crops grown into the dirt!) or frightens his livestock. When frightened, livestock can have several problems, not just the loss of a few pounds the adolescents on this forum would have you believe. As I said before, they can have health problems such as miscarriages or stress related heart failures. THis is a reality! In addition, spooking animals with your childish pranks can cause a stampede. To the children on this forum a stampede is nothing more than something they read in a history book. However, to a rancher, the word spells pure disaster. In a stampede, the panic of one or more animals fuels the panic of another (just like in a mob of people). With this growing panic, the animals become desperate and just like a paniced mob of people, they destroy anything in their path. Then, it is the FARMER, not the idiots responsible, who have to find the animals, fix the fences, pay for damage to neighbors' property, etc... Starting to get the picture yet? Okay, let's hear your childish comebacks. This was a lenghthy post so I am sure you can come up with some adolescently egotistical remarks.

~HoundDog

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the part about polluting. I work for the EPA so I know a little about pollutants. Try looking up the word. Now consider this, a cow standing in the stream releases nitrates (urine) which are metabolized by water plants to produce dissolved oxygen which is used by fish and other water animals. They also release broken down plant matter (feces) containing starches, sugars, and other organics which as we all know, make great fertilizer. Oh, and that muddy mess you speak of, stirs the soils releasing silt which has become fertile from the sediment of nutrients from the water which will then wash downstream and be deposited where it can allow plants to grow and use these deposited nutrients providing a foodstuff for animals which you like to eat. So, mess with the livestock and what are yo doing? Well, just messing with your own food chain.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HoundDog06
This was a lenghthy post so I am sure you can come up with some adolescently egotistical remarks.

~HoundDog

No because most will read the first three lines and start slaming again.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Well, at least then we will know who the childish ones really are huh? Gentlemen and children alike, I challenge you to read all of my post and then reply civily, and we will make this an excellent debate thread.

Any takers?

~HoundDog

Old 09-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Blahblahblahblahblah...you could have addded 2 pages about your beloved cows. but i noticed you did'nt explain the:

"As a land owner and rancher, I can guarantee you; if you roosted my cows, you would be lucky to make it off the place with a single tire not shot."

childish? who? Get over yourself Dude...you can close your dictionary because that one comment makes you look like an idiot...despite the short novel you wrote.

and according to Houndog...we need to get all the live stock S-ing and pissing in the streams...we are being robbed of vital nutrients. lol

did i miss quote? Lets be clear. Keep me honest.

Quick Reply: roosting cows is so funny