Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tim Farr to race TRX450R

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tim Farr to race TRX450R

On the attitude, you are just watching your posts and my replies too them....I do have a negative attitude towards people posting things they can not actually back up. Since you have no actual real info proving me wrong....I call the subject dead.

Old 09-19-2003, 01:54 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Yes, I remember the last big announcement....hand wrinhing went on for months around here for the final word......250ex!!! WHat a let-down. Most likely, I think we will see a 400ex will get a small power boost and maybe some new exciting graphics. Less likely is a 600 or 650cc version of a larger and heavier sport offering. Even less likely (almost non-existant) is the 450cc engine in a very detuned form in basically a 400ex chassis that is lengthened and widened 1 inch. Let the hand wringing and pacing begin!!!

I have a negative attitude to people posting thingas that are not true and can' tback up too!

Old 09-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bam....who predicted the 450..ME! Even though I gave it very little hope....it was included. Even got the basically 400ex frame correct too. I wonder what the width and weight figures are on the new Honda...LMAO!

Old 09-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

I know you just don't like me Gary [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] --- not sure exactly what your problem is, but it really doesn't matter much to me - I don't post on these forums to try to get Gary to be my friend...

I lurk in the shadows and see your posts all the time, your wonderful attitude shines thru quite often whether you realize it or not.

No need to argue the subject either - I know what I know, you have this strange fasination that Honda whipped together a quad it a couple weeks to present to the world in order to "fend off Yamaha" (Honda has such a long history of whipping together crappy products in response to other manufacturer and all) --- you know as well as I do that there is no way for either of us to "Prove" our points, even if so - who really cares? Two excellent quads are suddenly being made available and things are looking good for the future with factories sponsoring riders...

By the way, you appear to be the master of predictions, Gary -- WAY TO GO! LOL - I like the spin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] -- are you sure you aren't a political campaign manager?

Old 09-19-2003, 02:08 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
In my opinion....Honda will never bolt the high strung 450 into a quads chassis. Honda is WAAAAAAY too conservative for such tactics.600-650cc engine in a quad frame? I would say thats much more of a possibility. This will most-likely require a larger/taller quad to handle the power output and accomodate the larger engine dimensions. It will certainly be a de-tuned version of the dirt bike motor (I believe the 650 DYNO's at 42hp?).Most likely option.....a hopped up 400ex engine with 10-15% more power than the existing engine and no other changes.
Spin This one, I have more if you like.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptorACDC
THIS IS NOT A RUMOR!!!!I know who tested the prototype. No, I can't tell you who. I will tell you about the quad that has been tested. The new quad has the CRF450 engine(debored to440). It does not have reverse or electric start(foward kickstarter). It is about#350; and will sell for about $6800.
This is the giy who called it.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 1986atc250r
Two excellent quads are suddenly being made available and things are looking good for the future with factories sponsoring riders..[quote]
Thats all that matters.

Originally posted by: 1986atc250r
By the way, you appear to be the master of predictions, Gary -- WAY TO GO! LOL - I like the spin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] -- are you sure you aren't a campaign manager for a politician?
(taking a bow and waiving)...thank you. I could never be associated with a politician.....if I paid any more in taxes I would start hunting them down! I think you want me too be your friend and it ticks you off too get resistance. J/K! Later gentlemen.
Gary

Old 09-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey SANDNECK...as you comb my posts, see what kind of oil I use and what I adjust my valves on....I forget.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:35 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I appreciate your humor.......
I just don't like it when people say hypocritical things and then attempt to take the high road. I had to expose you for what you are.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandneck
I appreciate your humor.......I just don't like it when people say hypocritical things and then attempt to take the high road. I had to expose you for what you are.
I do feel Honda would have rather made a mild 650ex....but had too bust out the runner in hopes of not loosing sales when the YZF was introduced. I bet the Honda boys soiled their pants when the engine of their engineers nightmares wound up in a quad. Raptoracdc was late and not totally correct...

Quick Reply: Tim Farr to race TRX450R