Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

Yes I agree with you wanting to find the best deal available, that's our whole freedom of choice thing. I was directing that comment at the remarks of Yamaha making all this profit, the CEO's mansions, ivory tower big business stealing from us little guys thing. My perception of some of those posts is that if it takes 3000 bucks to build that quad, they have a duty to sell it to us for 3200. No, they sell it for as high as folks will pay and still move the number of units needed to justify production. Profit ain't a dirty word any more than us shopping the best deal available is. They charge what they can, we buy as cheap as we can, the free market then does its work. They don't owe us anything, and we don't owe them anything. We make choices.

It is the opportunity to make profit that has provided us these superior products. I personally wish the factory made 2 grand on every quad they sold at today's prices. More money for R&D on the next best thing.

Old 09-16-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZn
Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Yamaha probably takes about 1800-2500 to make it. Maybe 3k at the most. The rest is covering their R&D, all the rest is P.R.O.F.F.I.T.
Can you blame them though? its america, everyone wants to get payed alot. Do you really think an H2 takes 50 grand to make? LMFAO. The 7 grand is a rip though, they are only charging that much because they can, but whilst they are raping you it pays for extra R&D, factory racing, bigger houses for the executives, more rice for the workers etc. It helps accelerate the research, im just glad it aint me paying for it.
Actually new quads cost a lot more to make then the old ones. There is a ton of R&D and tooling. There is probably 200000.00 to make just the front fender, then you have to pay for each part on top of that. Then there is dealer mark up. If the retail is 6899, then you can take off about 1000 for mark up so now your looking at a cost of 5899 to Yamaha, then yes there is profit from that but not as high as you would think.

How it really works is the money you spent on your 98 Warrior went to the R&D of the Raptor and YFZ. All the R&D and tooling for the Banshee, Warrior, Blaster where paid for long ago (87-90 probably), and probably costs Yamaha a lot less to make now. So we should thank you for paying for it.

Wow!! 200,000.00 for a front fender!! Thats cheap!

Old 09-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

I agree on the bike part, they should be able to charge whatever they want. I think they shouldnt be alowed to charge such horrible prices on parts though, its like a trap.... you have to buy it from them. Thats a bit off topic though.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
I agree on the bike part, they should be able to charge whatever they want. I think they shouldnt be alowed to charge such horrible prices on parts though, its like a trap.... you have to buy it from them. Thats a bit off topic though.
It is tough to swallow parts prices. Of course, individually packaging, shipping, inventorying, handling, in a logistical nightmare and doesn't make anyone much money. But hey, at least we got E bay to buy stuff on now too!

Sorry this is a YFZ thread and off topic.

What I don't like about the YFZ? The fact that I don't have one yet.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Parts Prices suck but oh well. Yes, I think the yamaha and suzuki and all of them can charge what they want and they do, I just don't like how the dealers hike up the prices so much. Actually lol, I just don't like my local dealer it seems because everywhere I look and everyone I talk to people have had better expereiences and dealers than mine. Anyway, I'm rambling and am going to shut up now.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

What I don't like about the YFZ? The fact that I don't have one yet.
You had your chance... all you had to do was haul A off to the north on Saturday.

selector

Old 09-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

i guess i could be the one to put us back on topic. the thing i dont like about mine is i blew up the motor in my blaster before i bought this and was suposed to rebuild it and sell it but i cant stop riding my yfz. its a damn disease. and another thing that really annoys me is the fact that people nomatter what there riding (but mostly raptors) always seem to think they can beet me. but they always just washed it and dont wanna get it dirty. its extremly entertaining when i catch them staring in amaysment when im pulling away wheeling in all 5

but if u own on you dont bitch about the seet it feels great to me.

justin

Old 09-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha isnt selling the only quads made so its not like they have a monopoly on the business. They are competing with all the other manufacturers too. The reason why it is good to pay more for a quad is because if everyone buys expensive quads over cheaper quads, that tells the manufacturers that people want better, faster quads. But if everyone went and bot the cheapest quads made, then that would tell them that we want cheaper quads so theyll start 'cheapening' the quads to make them less expensive.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

i live in mississippi and the dealers here are asking msrp. the yzf450 is not selling very well in my area yet, i guess people have not discovered them yet. i'm just glad yamaha and suzuki and honda are finally making performance quads again.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

I posted this before but at two different places, two yfz's are for sale for 6100$. I was just curious for the price, im sure they would taken a hundred or two off of that. I dont pay sales tax either (well i do, but then i get 100% of it back because i got an indian card and live in the right county..im lucky). I sat on one and it is ALOT harder then my DS's, the seat is about the same stiffness as a dirtbikes, but it didnt feel awkward (sp?) or anything. I think the Red/White one looks amazing, id be scared to get it dirty.

RoughRider01