Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

Originally posted by: Bajaboy650
My best friend has one and I love it. The only thing that we found wrong is the seat latch. He broke his after only his first wreck. Not sure if its a design flaw or just a perfect hit but thats the scoop. Im gonna get one next year for sure
Yeah, that seat latch could be a potential problem if your not careful.

Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yamaha probably takes about 1800-2500 to make it. Maybe 3k at the most. The rest is covering their R&D, all the rest is P.R.O.F.F.I.T.
Can you blame them though? its america, everyone wants to get payed alot. Do you really think an H2 takes 50 grand to make? LMFAO. The 7 grand is a rip though, they are only charging that much because they can, but whilst they are raping you it pays for extra R&D, factory racing, bigger houses for the executives, more rice for the workers etc. It helps accelerate the research, im just glad it aint me paying for it.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

That's a $1400 difference....and I'm sure with that dough, you can build a Raptor to beat a YFZ.
well maby in power but your not even going to be close in handling jmo

Old 09-16-2003, 01:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Ridley
Here's the things I don't like about mine:

Waiting forever for my friends to catch up on the trails,
everybody and their brother wanting to ride it,
listening to everybody talk for hours talk about how great it is when they get off of it,
serious lack of maintenance time required makes me ride more and be more sore the next day,
people wanting to line up to drag race and get beat repeatedly just to say they raced one,

trying to convince people it really is "stock",
and my wife elbowing me in the ribs everynight cause I'm laughing in my sleep

Thats about it for my list of complaints. lol.

I'm with you on this one Ridley!

Old 09-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

My only complaint is the seat... ive rode several and that thing is pretty hard.. i like my raptor more though they feel the same to me... yfz better handling and my rappy feels like it has more power to me.. just more umph.. i love my raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol

Old 09-16-2003, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Yamaha probably takes about 1800-2500 to make it. Maybe 3k at the most. The rest is covering their R&D, all the rest is P.R.O.F.F.I.T.
Can you blame them though? its america, everyone wants to get payed alot. Do you really think an H2 takes 50 grand to make? LMFAO. The 7 grand is a rip though, they are only charging that much because they can, but whilst they are raping you it pays for extra R&D, factory racing, bigger houses for the executives, more rice for the workers etc. It helps accelerate the research, im just glad it aint me paying for it.
Actually new quads cost a lot more to make then the old ones. There is a ton of R&D and tooling. There is probably 200000.00 to make just the front fender, then you have to pay for each part on top of that. Then there is dealer mark up. If the retail is 6899, then you can take off about 1000 for mark up so now your looking at a cost of 5899 to Yamaha, then yes there is profit from that but not as high as you would think.

How it really works is the money you spent on your 98 Warrior went to the R&D of the Raptor and YFZ. All the R&D and tooling for the Banshee, Warrior, Blaster where paid for long ago (87-90 probably), and probably costs Yamaha a lot less to make now. So we should thank you for paying for it.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Wow you guys payed 7500 for a yfz?! the on at my local shop is 6500.. im buying a kfx400 for 5000... thats my plan at least.. i might go out there and decide that the 1500 extra is worth it.. i ddont know.. i think i might do it

Old 09-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

they look pretty cool ..... but ive never seen the back of one.... only the front when i fly past one and look back!

Old 09-16-2003, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

people wanting to line up to drag race and get beat repeatedly just to say they raced one
These things are targets - that's for sure.

selector

Old 09-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

The thing I hate the most is that I dont own one!