Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just venting my frustrations Feel free to do the same

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just venting my frustrations Feel free to do the same

I Recently Had some engine problems with my banshee that required a re build Because the tip off my spark plug came loose and beat the crap out of my piston and Dome. No big deal right? WRONG!!! I mean Every thing that could have gone wrong has.Since I have some cash in the engine I decided to split the case's to clean every thing out. Took the fly wheel cover off and the key had come loose on the fly wheel and Chewed up the end of my 10mm stroker crank. Took the clucth cover off only to find that the bolts holding the backing plate on my New clutch basket had sheared off, Alowing all of the Rubber Cushion's to come loose and Be shoved into the all the seals and bearings. After a long wait I get the parts and Clean out the engine Clutch cover area and Start to put the engine back together. I find that Racers Edge hasn't sent any power valve o-rings in the o-ring kit So I call them up and order them. 2 weeks later I call them back and ask them where the parts are and Get this They Tell me that they will get those out to me right away. So I waited another week finaly they show up put the power valves tank plastic and Grab the clutch cover. Wait what is this but of course there are 3 teeth missing off the plastic water pump gear. No big deal have to do some more ordering any how since the local yamaha place dosent stock a cluctch cover gasket. Finally got it together and it only took 3 months. I wonder if the new YFZ was jelous or angry that It had to be parked next to the Banshee and it cast some sort of spell . Any one else have this kind of stuff happen to them?

Old 09-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

So how do you like that yfz 450?

Old 09-19-2003, 02:11 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: YFZMan
Any one else have this kind of stuff happen to them?
Never[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2003, 02:26 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I lied.

One time I was changing the rear end fluid on one of the Hondas and I went to take the drain plug off and the head just twisted off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] They must have vised it down real good at the factory.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BADBEARnoSportsman
So how do you like that yfz 450?
It is great belive it or not its faster than my fire breathing banshee every where but drag races and The Large high banked oval My buddy's and I built. It handles great and jumps awsome. So far havent had any troubles out of it.

Old 09-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

i had problems JUST like yours with my blaster. ok about a 2 years ago i blow it up no big deal, new piston kid rebore. ok about the beginning of the summer i blow the head gasket. i take it apart and replace the gasket and im tightening down the head bolts and one dosent get completly tight. ride blow head gasket. get back replace head bolts. ride blow head gasket. get back rethread head bolts and rebuild. race a 2 day even bike completly falls apart like as in exhaust falls off motor in middle of race, axle loose, fenders come loose, every bearing is now shot. about a week later the motor blows and now it sits half apart while i ride my new ride (best thing that ever happened to my blaster was being replaced by a 450.
i feel your pain. accept mine only a couple hundred to rebuild. yours alot more.

justin

Old 09-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

I would also agree that the 450 was my best atv investment but u can also bet that the banshee aint goin any where soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Range Rover

from the looks of what you have in it..... I would say not

thanks for info

Old 09-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

i had the same probs with my blaster. I would replace worn things only to break other things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] ie: new sprockets=chain breaks, new top end=crank melts, new carrier bearings=find stripped brake hub splines and strip axle nut out of frustration durin the reassemble and so on and so forth...it was a never ending process.

Old 09-22-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

good ol reliable 2 stroke...

Quick Reply: Just venting my frustrations Feel free to do the same