Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Chest Protector

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:51 PM
BSA
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chest Protector

Don't skrimp on the protection. The chest protectors also protect your shoulders and spine.

Old 09-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chest Protector

I look at it this way and can't afford $$$ to get hurt so I wear one along with boots, pants, jersey, helmet and googles. I feel much more confident while riding even though I may look silly to some of the other riders, I'am 32 and dont give a ---- what anyone else might talk about me.

Old 09-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chest Protector

Originally posted by: Flynbryan
Originally posted by: HiFlyinRaptorRyderDo chest protectors really save you from bruised, broken ribs, etc. in the case of a bad crash or are they primarily for roost? And does anybody know where you can get a Brian Deegan replica with the spikes?? Those things are badass.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yea spikes..........thats a good idea.......that'll definately help protect ya. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Seriously, Whenever I'm at a track as well I won't ride without one. As others have said they are primarily for roost deflection, but do help protect from injury. Not as common on quads, but when I was racing dirtbikes it saved me from getting road rash several times as I slid on my back/chest when involunterly dismounted. Any protective gear is worth the dough, and if you get the right ones some of them can look pretty cool. As for Degan.....don't get me startedl. I think hes an idiot, and a jerk. I do think he is ballzy, but I think the whole "metal melisha" thing is a joke and degrading for the sport. But again thats just my opinion. I guess I'm just a purist/Old foggy when it comes to Mx. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Agree 100 % , especially the Degan comment

Old 09-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chest Protector

I wish I had one 3 weeks ago!!

Old 09-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chest Protector

I never have liked Deegan or anyone else in his "mulisha". All I liked was the chest protector with spikes, and I know I've seen him up close with it on and they looked like rubber. I definitely wont get something with metal spikes on it.

Old 09-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Chest Protector

good post, ive been debating about getting a CP as well, but shyed away because i was a little worried what the locals might think..here i come with my boots pants and chest protector i better do something pretty sick, but honestly i dont give a F*** , and this thread made me feel more confident on why i was buying on in the first place..PROTECTION..as far as the Metal Mulisha...i totally love what they were founded as..."a group of like minded riders who rebelled agaisnts the usual bullpoop of corporate sponsers"...but from what i read they are all corporate *** kissers now...except for Jeremy Stenberg...lol..he was the only one to follow through with his High Times interview...and im not some dumb stoner, but i love reading about famous people who are open about smoking Marijuana..just my $.02 go ahead and disagree lol