Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

400ex vs banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex vs banshee

If you screw a quad up that much, you dont need to ride, ive rebuilt mine for the first time and its a 97'!!!!!Either that guy knows nothing about quads at all, or he ran a hammer through the intake,lol.I raced my banshee last weekend HARD and i didnt blow it up.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs banshee

Originally posted by: 400EXJumper
The 400EX has outdated looks? How long has the ugly a$$ banshee had the same looks!
WTF are you talking about!!?? man, the looks are not only cool, but help cool it alot better for performance,duh,What you said is totally biased,omg. So, the banshee is a$$ ugly, but it has been sold that long with the same looks?just cause someone said the 400ex has outdated looks is absolutely no reason to be saying crap on a banshee.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs banshee

Originally posted by: Hozed
alot of long stories to his banshee.. ill keep it quick.. it blew up 91 days after he bought it missing warrenty by 1 day,in blew agn, had it bored.it blew up agn at a race.. overnighted parts and rushed it back together w/o boring out like all my buddies said he should.. so he could race agn the upcoming weekend.it blew up the next day and he didnt get to race... and he had it bored.airfilter fell off at races siezed the left side up... put back together everything was fine.. until the next day..out riding and he satrts to loose power and it sputters he figured he foulded a plug... checks compression... 50 lbs. takes off head to see that the little tiny round ball that holds the crack in place somehow got into cylinders and beat the hell outs head and piston...this was last week.
All I hear is rider/mechanic error.

Old 10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Range Rover
Default 400ex vs banshee

WTF are you talking about!!?? man, the looks are not only cool, but help cool it alot better for performance,duh,What you said is totally biased,omg. So, the banshee is a$$ ugly, but it has been sold that long with the same looks?just cause someone said the 400ex has outdated looks is absolutely no reason to be saying crap on a banshee.

How are you going to say the banshee looks cool and then in the very next sentence say the banshee is a$$ ugly? And this was a 400EX vs banshee thread was it not. I want to know what they were thinking they started saying the 400ex had outdated looks. The banshee has had the same looks since it came out, I think that is a little more outdated than the 400ex, don't you. And about the thing were I have absolutely no reason to be saying crap about a banshee, thats what you do in these kinds of threads, ask all the other people in here bashing the 400ex.

Old 10-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs banshee

3 outa the 5 times it was his own fault...
airfilter fell off... he thot he tighten it.. (k&n pods)
another he didnt bore when he NEEDED too
the other the little ball on the crack fell into the case... i guess thats all we can think of.

Old 10-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs banshee

Originally posted by: 400EXJumper

How are you going to say the banshee looks cool and then in the very next sentence say the banshee is a$$ ugly? And this was a 400EX vs banshee thread was it not. I want to know what they were thinking they started saying the 400ex had outdated looks. The banshee has had the same looks since it came out, I think that is a little more outdated than the 400ex, don't you. And about the thing were I have absolutely no reason to be saying crap about a banshee, thats what you do in these kinds of threads, ask all the other people in here bashing the 400ex.
I didnt say the banshee was a$$ ugly, i was restating what you said, then i stated a fact about how well they sell since they are, in your opinion ugly. And i never said the banshee didnt have outdated looks,or said the 400ex had outdated looks.

Old 10-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Range Rover
Default 400ex vs banshee

WTF are you talking about!!?? man, the looks are not only cool, but help cool it alot better for
So, the banshee is a$$ ugly
Yeah, you did say it is a$$ ugly.
I originally said (How long has the ugly a$$ banshee had the same looks!)
I think the only reason they sold so many of the shees is because there weren't any other sport quads out there that could really compete with it. Now they have the raptors,preditors,yfz,400ex,z/kfx/dvx400 and soon to be the 450r JMO. I seriously don't think it will be long at all before they do away with the shees.

Old 10-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs banshee

the banshee is a unique quad and you cant compare it to nothing out here today, It has its purposes and responds to mods better than any four stroker out here. If you drag race, ride open trails, sand, or anything else a screaming 2 stroke can open up on, the banshee is great. I like the banshee itself and its a opinion, and thats what atv's are about. If you think its ugly ok then I think alot of other atvs are ugly but thats why they have different ones to suit your needs.

Old 10-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Range Rover
Default 400ex vs banshee

I agree, I think the banshee makes a great drag quad. In all my posts I never once put down the performance of the banshee, just it's looks. I used to ride two strokes and the only thing bad about them is they need to be rebuilt more often than the four strokes. Fouling plugs suck too![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Just ride what you have and have fun doing it, isn't that the whole point of having a quad.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex vs banshee

I didnt say it was ugly, you just edited it so it would look like i did say it. And there is a way around fouling plugs, buy GOLDEN SPECTRO, ever since i used it, i have never fouled a plug,which has been about 4 months.

Quick Reply: 400ex vs banshee