Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA RAPTOR FROM LAS VEGAS MEETING ALL OF THE SPECS FROM THE BROCHURE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2000, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't compare an atv to a snowmachine. The dealer told me that he spoke with the R&D people at the meeting. They showed a video of this thing in action and it corners and goes through tight areas like you wouldn't believe. It handles like a dream, according to the testers. There were a couple of the magazine people there, also. They had ridden the Raptor two weeks ago and were very, very impressed. This is all from the dealer. I guess you have to be your own judge, but it is the real deal. One thing you must remember, YAMAHA is the only manufacturer that DID NOT give up on the sport segment and they have done very, very good things with every ATV they have come out with. Cannondale? Well, maybe if you want to ride a picture! Spend your money and buy the YAMAHA.

Old 06-07-2000, 08:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can't compare an atv to a snowmachine. The dealer told me that he spoke with the R&D people at the meeting. They showed a video of this thing in action and it corners and goes through tight areas like you wouldn't believe. It handles like a dream, according to the testers. There were a couple of the magazine people there, also. They had ridden the Raptor two weeks ago and were very, very impressed. This is all from the dealer. I guess you have to be your own judge, but it is the real deal. One thing you must remember, YAMAHA is the only manufacturer that DID NOT give up on the sport segment and they have done very, very good things with every ATV they have come out with. Cannondale? Well, maybe if you want to ride a picture! Spend your money and buy the YAMAHA.

Old 06-07-2000, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

With an aluminum piston, 5 valves and a SOHC this thing will scream. With some tweaking 10,00 will not be out of the question on this thing.

Hell Yamaha already has GYT-R pipes (aluminum or carbon fiber), headers, graphic kits, and a plethera of other accessories available for it upon release!

Personally I think the black and white color scheme is good looking, but the handle bars need to changed immediately

Old 06-07-2000, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Damnit i want to see it WHERE CAN I SEE SOME GOOD PICTURES OF IT???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Tomorrow i Can see but right now?????

Old 06-07-2000, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

I bleed Kawasaki Green, and while I wait for them to release a machine based on what they are learning from their GNCC factory team I believe in owning the best bike I can get my hands on. I'll have to ride the new Yamaha to find out if you'll be seeing my DS650 (Which I am extremely happy with) po up in the Cycle trader.

Old 06-07-2000, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said im trading my '00 Warrior in on this one.......Sounds like a ride! Here in Iowa we havent gotten the complete low down on the bike yet......He told me I get the third one in the door. I'll get to come and LOOK at the first one to decide if I really want it......ROFL ofcourse I do! I just couldnt beleive that a 4-stroke could pound out 9,000 RPM's............What will they do next? I cant WAIT for August or September when it comes out!!!!!!!

'99 Wolverine
'00 Warrior (well gone now)
'01 Raptor on the way

Old 06-07-2000, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Did you see it at the show Jerry? SOmeone has to have posted these pictures someplace....Give me a URL!

Old 06-07-2000, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds great, hope they have tested it alot and got all the bugs worked out, or will this too become a first production second production thing like the DS. I am happy with my DS, but envious of reverse. I am happy with my suspension, but envious of the weight difference. Who knows, I may have a blue and white in my future.

Old 06-07-2000, 11:43 PM
mpm
Trailblazer

I have to admit the Raptor looks pretty good. I saw a picture of it a minute ago on a web site. To be honest Im a Honda man but if it is as good as everyone says it is I might just have to sell my new Honda 300ex to buy it. Who knows. I might wait though till second year of production. Nice looking quad though.
thanks
mpm

00' 300ex: stock

Old 06-07-2000, 11:54 PM
Range Rover

I'm new here, so pardon any mistakes I make in this post, but I gotta say this...I picked up a brochure on the 2001 Yamaha quads at my dealer (which has the 660R Raptor in it), and all I can say is WHOA! This thing will most definitely turn the atv upside down! My dealer also sells the DS650 and he said most likely the demand for the DS will drop, so look for discounts. Either way which ever bike you want...you win!!! Here in California, even the 400EX is being deeply discounted....already!!! Damn, I love competition!!!!

Quick Reply: YAMAHA RAPTOR FROM LAS VEGAS MEETING ALL OF THE SPECS FROM THE BROCHURE!