Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike

some crazy **** chased me and my friends down for turning around in the road, he made me so mad. I havent had any problems with the cops at all, we were riding wheelies down a backroad, a cop flashed his lights at us, so we stopped and all he said was " you boys know better than to ride on the road, just take em home" in a nice way, so we stopped riding on the road that day, simple as that.

Old 10-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

A bunch of friends and I was stopped by a Sheriffs 'Copter in Riverside, CA. Riding on private property. We where thinking of running, but when that cop dropped that whirly-bird about 5 feet off the ground on the trail in front of us, we knew we couldn't get away. He was cool, he just explained we couldn't ride on that property and let us off with a warning. Morale of the story??...If you hear rotors and a bullhorn over your head...stop!!! You can't outrun a helicopter....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2003, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Holy crap, i cant believe they send helecopters after you in that town! im just mostly worried about the game wardens over here, according to my friends, they are happy to impound your quad, luckily gilmer county cant afford a helecopter except for the 2 at the hospital but what are they going to do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Was clocked doing 117 MPH while tuning new carb, but got to go home with a few laughs

Old 10-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got caught by the cops 4 riding on a hiway it was a ghost car so how was i to kno that i shoulda got of the road, lol he just gave us a warning then we went speeding off down one of the back roads rite in front of him. ALso we were sitting in the ditch one night and flasing our lights at the vechals i dunno y were were board and one vechial turned round and by the time he did turn around we were gone hiding and watching him since we knew the area. ITs all Fun
Mitch

Old 10-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm....got yelled at on my beartracker for riding down a hill to go to this awesome place....
got yelled at for riding my beartacker without the plates on the megamax at high rpms for a long time and got threatened to get the cops called on me
got yelled at for riding on private property...but kept riding....
no trouble on my warrior yet though
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

It was along time ago when I had my Warrior. I was riding on the roads out in the middle of where we live (boondocks nowhere) and I remembered that this road took us right onto our property so we could get home quicker instead of takin the roads back so we went up there (me and a couple of my friends) and theres this house right up at the end at the edge of our property. So we get there not knowing this house is there and this guy comes out yelling so we take off as fast as we can back to the road and we noticed that he had jumped on his KTM 500 bike and came chasing us down!! It was so freakin scary cause at the time I was like 15 but thank god our dust trail dusted him out so much he couldnt follow close. So we made it back to the road and just TOOK OFF and when we got like 100 yds. down the road we see him at the end of the dirt road just stopped. He stopped chasing us but man was that scary! I thought he was gonna rip our heads off!

Old 10-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

got pulled over at dunefest for my lights being to bright. that's about all the trouble i'd want

Old 10-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

''Wreckless driving'' on gas station parking lot-$85

Crazy as$hole shot at us-later that night we did some ''modifications'' to his car and tractor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

5 cop quads and several police cars waiting to ambush us on return from long ride luckily we got a call from a neighbor and he let us know so on the way back we took the back roads only to find 2 polaris cop quads forcing us to hide all our quads(7 or 8) in some hay near a local dairy until the next day.

Old 10-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

I got a ticket for wreckless driving while on my bicycle. The cop said I was going around the corner on two wheels. LOL....

Seriously, my bro & I were at the end of a long day of atv riding & he wanted to try my Raptor & I got on his Suzuki 500cc 4x4 auto.
I tried to tell him how to use reverse but he didn't care to know for the short ride back to the trucks. He was in front of me about 30 yards when an old man jumped out in front of him with a walking cane & dog. He start yelling something at my bro & pulls out a cell phone & says shut this thing down I am an ex cop. My bro shakes his head no, tells him to f... off & then takes off & almost runs him over(he should have asked me how to use reverse!). As he takes off the dog tries to bite him in the leg so my bro attempts to kick the dog but missed. Then the old man throws his walking cane at my bro & luckily missed. Now, I am stopped & sitting there watching all this on an unfamilar quad, not sure what to do I decide to take off & the old man throws a handful of rocks at me & misses. Then his dog takes off after me & proceeds to follow me a lot farther then I thought he could run, all the way back to our trucks, luckily he stopped when it was time to cross the highway. As we tried to quickly pack up & leave the old man & his old lady pull up in a truck & he sees my raptor & thinks I was the one that almost ran him over & starts to threaten me about being on private property & trying to run him over, etc etc. I was scared to death & my bro wasn't stepping up to tell the whole story so I used a little reverse physcology(spelling?) & told the old man I was planning to sue him for physical/verbal harrassment by him & his dog(not on a leash by the way) & considered his presence a threat as well. He was dumbfounded & didn't know what to say, so he wrote down my license & said I would be hearing from him soon. I told my bro we had nothing to worry about but he mentioned how they can send tkts in the mail but luckily it never came. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Needless to say, I will never stop again unless its a hot chick or someone in need!

Quick Reply: most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike