Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike

well I know all of the cops in my town so none of them will stop me...or so I thought....LoL

most of the time when I meet them goin down the highway they wave and keep on truckin.....

but this one time I was on my way home and I saw one comein over the hill (towards me),as I eased up to a stop sign.......(very small county road)

so I just pulled over and waited for them to go past me and turn around and then come up behind me and turn his lights on......I knew both of the cops in the car, and the facker got out and started writting me a ticket.....I was pissed.......
I could have gotten away SOOOOOOO easily but I pulled over and waited for his pig azzzzzz, and that's what I get......GRRRR
I was mad....LoL
luckily I am friends witht the county Attourney, he appealed the ticket to the county court and I haven't heard anything out of it since......

remember:
It's not WHAT you know.....it's Who you now!
in most cases[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LoL

Old 10-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well since we are on the subjet, me and a friend used to go riding out by my house. Its a small little piece of land that is privately owned by someone im guessing, none the less fun to bash around in. Well his quad kept stalling and not wanting to start, and he had a mile or 2 to ride home on the road so i followed him home. We were carting all his riding gear and 2 gas tanks in our laps (seperate quads) i was on a warrior at the time, he was on a blaster. A cop came blazing down the road and pulled us both over. I was thinking, well i hear all the stories how cops are cool sometimes! He was very nice to me... he gave me all these cool things like, driving without lisence, 40 in 25 zone, wreckless driving, offroad vehicle on road, driving without registration, under the influence of marry jane, driving on private property, and finally for vandalism. All i had to say was wow, I got owned. After testing I didnt smoke any pot, so they threw that away. I had no way to fight speeding but i know we were going no faster then `15 cause we had to carry all that stuff. They also threw out vandalism. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

offroad vehicle on road --------------- 50$
driving without a liscense ------------ 150$
driving without registration ---------- dropped
wreckless driving ---------------------- 100$
dricing on private property ---------- 50$
speeding -------------------------------- 50$
vandalism ------------------------------- dropped
inpound fee for min of 30 days ----- 400$
court fee's ------------------------------- 100$

Getting a free ride in a police car, priceless.
Theres some things you can't buy but for everything else theres your wallet.

GG POLICE!!!

Old 10-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

that one really sucked dumont

Old 10-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wasnt me, but my buddy on his shee had just rejetted and he was testing it out on the road.. he was gone for a while.. then i saw a game warden go by his house and lock up the brakes... and turn sideways in the road.. my friend was coming back and he was wide open sixth gear... and the warden was blocking the entire road... my buddy almost hit him and the warden gave him alot of **** (and a few wtickets) but we yelled back callin him a moron for blocking the entire road... in the end i think he felt like an idiot.. but either way it cost my buddy like 250$

Old 10-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

I live in a city with not a lot of places to ride...so when i get the chance i take the city roads out to my friends house (17 miles or so) and we ride out in the country. I have only been stopped once and I didnt get in any trouble because I pulled over and got off my quad insisting that i pushed it to where it was. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the cop didnt believe me at all but just told me that if he saw me riding it at all he was gunna take the quad. I dont think he could have even done that but whatever. Then i got a ticket one time for riding a 3 wheeler to my buddys house across the street. that made me sooo mad! the only thing i did was asked the cop " if i gave you a donut would it change your mind?" all that got me was handcuffs and a seat in the back of the squad car.

Old 10-05-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

By saying "take" means he would have it taken away on a flatbed to the inpound. Where later they would take your money. 1000$ for me... about 2 months after the 1st time i was pulled over I was pulled over again but I was close to home so i pulled in the garauge and closed it. The cop knocked on the door and I tried to play it off, didn't work. I ended up only getting a offroad vehicle on road which was fine by me. He said if I woulda pulled over instead of riding into my garauge he woulda let me go with a warning (stupid me)

PS how to spell garauge?

Old 10-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

dumont-i wonder if that cop said that he would have given you just a warning justb to play a trip on you.he probably would have screwed you either way,

Old 10-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

I live out in the country so theres alot of back/dirt roads so me and a friend were driving on the side of the road and this fireman in a car pulled us over and told us we were making to much dust.... and another time me and another friend were racing our raptors and this drunk guy threw his beer all over my friend, good story for his mom and dad. ive ran from all the cops ive seen so far, they never go on the dirt with there cars.

Old 10-05-2003, 10:22 AM

Ha, I've got some events for all you troublemakers to think about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
1) Gotten hit by a truck while he was chasing me down ( I really shoulda sued, my quad was like wedged into his truck, good thing I fell off or I would be missing a few bones, or dead)
2) Neighbor called cops about my drag race against a Z, that delayed the race, lol.
3) Been chased by farmers around 4 times, have yet to have been shot at, but it does happen
4) I have 4 written and around 5-6 verbal warnings, no tickets as of yet, but the Raptor's sold and now I have a Rm250. (All from NJ state police)
5) Now for those 9-10 times that I did pull over, there were about that many times that I didn't stop.

Here's my advice for all you bad boys out there.
1) If your quad is loud, get a lead on the cop, and find a very good hiding spot, dont let the cop see you pull in it and shut the quad off. If you keep on running, well they can hear you for miles. (Especially a Raptor w/ a Sparks exhaust system[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])
2) There are 2 things you can do if a cop see's you, and only 2. First, you can stop and hope for the best, every time I did this it worked out well for me but luckily I never ran into the same cop twice. And second, If you do run, run HARD. And like I said, if youre quad is loud, HIDE AND SHUT IT OFF. Otherwise run 150% until you are positive the cops have given up. I have ran away (before I realized the loudness of the Raptor, I learned the hard way) and thought that I had dusted the cops, so just start driving slower to let the quad cool down, and who do I hear behinf me a few minutes later???? Take a guess.......... The same cop and boy did he look pissed and it scared the shnit out of me, I got real lucky at that point and was passing by rail road tracks and drove off into there, never saw the cop again. Now whatever you do, DO NOT run from the cop and then later stop, because you will be screwed, believe me, I know many people that have.
My experiences are not typical of course, I had been driving on public roads about every day for about 10-20 miles each day, so don't expect to be like me. Just my 9 yen,

Patrick

Old 10-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Around here, the hills of east KY, the cops don't chase you very far. They learned its a waste of their time. Lot of trail close to about any where. If they do catch you its every ticket they can write. Ky has no helmet law but atvers required to were them even on private property. The worst thing that ALMOST happened to me was a few years back. We were on our first ride of the spring going around this trail that we always traveled. We didn't realize this coal co. had mined very close to this place we always stopped to break at. When we pulled up there we could tell the area next to our break place had drilled for explosives. We decided to travel on, didn't want the mine bosses to see us.We went about 1 1/2 mile away to the next ridge, stopped opened the cooler and BOOM! That drilled area had been wired with powder when we was there! Lucky we traveled on. Learned my lesson stay away from ACTIVE surface mines.

Quick Reply: most trouble you have gotten into riding a quad or bike