Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need a quad for the girlfriend but not sure what to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a quad for the girlfriend but not sure what to get

My Girlfriend had a Warrior at first and Then Went to a Banshee. She only has about 3 yrs Riding esxp. The Warrior just was not a good bike in the dunes. Like someone else said buy somthing you might want to ride every now and then. My situation works great We have a Raptor & a Banshee. The only problem is I want to make the Shee faster . Too much of that and she wouldn't be able to ride her own bike![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

my girly girlfriend was sorry she bought a warrior.she wants a raptor after riding mine.she loves the fact she doesnt have to get bounced off trying to get a good run to go up the bigger hills.the suspension is important to keep beginners on the bike.i feel if i had to do it all over again i would have gotten a raptor for her and adjusted the governer while she gets used to it.then as she progressed.give her more throttle.then she would be able to keep the bike she is used to and save rebuying and selling bikes.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife enjoys riding our son's 250EX more than anything else we have. She is able to ride my Raptor and 400EX with no problems, but claims she has more fun on the little 250EX because she doesn't have to clutch, and it has reverse. Your best bet would be simply to ask her what she prefers. If she enjoys the quad, she'll want to ride with you more.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Tell her the money for her quad will be used on modding yours. My god man....she is with you all other times....you need some space!

Old 10-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

id say take her to the dunes again, and have her ride some other peoples quads. The Z, the 400ex, and see what she prefers.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Royalty Rider

It all depends on what "she" feels comfortable on...if she doesnt like it then she's not gonna want to ride it. We have a KFX400 and a 400ex, in my opinion they are both good beginner bikes...get her on one of these and let her get a feel...she just might want more power...I know I did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Nice pics from Sand Mt...who did ya go with

Old 10-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe all the negative replys on the warrior!!

Get her a Warrior..It is a good beginner quad...has an awesome suspension, very fast (if it's not fast enough stock, all you need is some smaller sprockets and you can gain over 10mph) but I'm sure it would be plenty fast for her.

And, It rocks on the trails. It's faster than a 300ex, about as fast as a 400ex, but is probably cheaper.

You can find them as low as 500 bucks for ones that will still run good. My brother told me his friend picked up about 3 of them 1 ran, 2 didnt run but were complete..all for 500 bucks.

Go with a Warrior..or...I hear alot of positive responses anywhere on the Z400.

Old 10-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

maybe the warrior does fine on the trails and is fair in the dunes.the horsepower gets eaten up quick when you put paddles for the dunes and then try and go up a hill with whoops at the bottom.it can be done but takes more work.then i just roll up to the hill and punch it and make it up without the worry of turning around or backing down.easy as that!no getting a big run that throws you over the bars to try and make it.its just a little short on power and would be better for the desert if it was water cooled.to be totally fair this is still the bike my girlfriend will be riding for a few years and be happy about it, then she can upgrade later if she still wants to.

Old 10-08-2003, 06:15 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Don't get her a Warrior. If you want to call me up and I have my g/f tell you why she HAD to get rid of it (lack of power, horrible transmission, pops out of gear in the most dangerous places, HEAVY, feels heavier than it actually is, harsh suspension).
Like Selector said, the more power she has the better. I hav ea Z400 for my g/f. I ride the same terrain as you plan to. You will like the reverse (you wonlt have to get her unstuck as much), she will like the comfort of it, the ease of shifting, clutching, and you will like how well it responds to mods.
In my opinion, its the best all around bike available right now.

Quick Reply: Need a quad for the girlfriend but not sure what to get