Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rode the two kings at pismo yesterday.. :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode the two kings at pismo yesterday.. :)

Had my raptor my dads warrior, my uncles banshee and my friend brought his yfz. Its a pretty nice bike and i took out in the sand.. Had gyt-r slip on and paddles and it was a quick bike none the less... It just lacks the raptors power in the dunes.. I dont know but it just dosent feel the same.. But u can tell that the bike is gonna be a good racing bike with the stiff suspension and its lieghtweight... But the raptor is better in the trails and the dunes but i can tell that that yfz will rip on the mx track.. Well i guess the paper was right this time and yes the raptor seemed better to me... but boy that yfz will be a champoin at the tracks. Great trip also [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] K just wanted to tell ya guys how i compared the two bikes.. both BEASTS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But guess my raptor suits the dunes and trails more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

thats weird because i rode a raptor this weekend at the dunes and it felts like crap. It just didnt have the torque that the yfz has. I think we just get so used to riding our own bikes that anything else just doesnt feel right.

Steven

Old 10-08-2003, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rappy has tons of torque thats the first thing I noticed when I rode one. I just think they're too damn tippy for the dunes

Old 10-08-2003, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer

im with you on that steve...stock for stock i have not had 1 raptor beat me in the dunes...im not saying the raptor is not a good quad..but come on...

Old 10-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Raptor's have ton's of low end torque, and that's just the facts.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i definately have not had a raptor beat me yet. How do you like your kn filter? I also noticed that jumping my yfz was a whole lot easier then jumping the raptor in the dunes. And where my buddy was getting stuck in his raptor i had no problems at all. He was running sand geckos though.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

JMO - I rode the YFZ and its rough riding in the dunes if you are not hitting full throttle. I was about shook up just riding it to the bathroom and back at Pismo. The raptor rides much smoother if you ask me. About the tippyness, I dont know what your talking about? But like you said, on the track the YFZ is going to be hot!, stock for stock the YFZ will beat the Raptor even if the Raptor is Piped and jetted. I seen it up front and its the bomb!! But I wouldnt buy one just yet for me. I dont like the way the handle bars sit so low, I feel like I am on my kids breeze. I was going to buy one dont get me wrong but didnt like the feel of it just cruising the trails and dunes, now like I said before, If I was ballz out on the trails and dunes then YES it would be a great bike. My buddy is going to soften up the suspension next week and is going to let me ride it again, who knows, I might change my mind again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

the yfz does tend to beat the hell out of you if the dunes are chopped up.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:59 AM
Trailblazer

yeah the K&N is a nice set up...you can get the whole kit from alba for 100 bucks..

Old 10-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

This is the third f-ing time RaptorOwner took the words out of my mouth lol... Yea thats what i thought the yfz need to rev hard to get through the sand when the raptor was a nice smoother ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I dont know what you guys are talking about the raptor has TONS of low end torque.. And i think we both have different opinions cause all both have different riding styles.. Raptor i think is better for average riding and yfz good for mx [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rode the two kings at pismo yesterday.. :)