Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MX YZF450 takes YZ450 Dirtbike: Historical!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX YZF450 takes YZ450 Dirtbike: Historical!

if it was a predator, could it have actually won pleasure4qt? lol

420racing

Old 10-11-2003, 05:41 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way that would happen is if I was ridin' the YZ!!! Not taking away from the YFZ but I highly doubt it could beat one of the fastest and most dominating bikes on the market today!! JMO....

Old 10-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cctman
I'm not suprised that dirtbike magazine actually was biased towards there sport.. are you?
Hmmmm, can't the same exact thing be said about dirtwheels? Yeah, I thought so.

Old 10-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DEMag
I'm not suprised that dirtbike magazine actually was biased towards there sport.. are you?
Hmmmm, can't the same exact thing be said about dirtwheels? Yeah, I thought so.
Exactly! your right! It becomes the difference beetween two biases. The difference is that I have a point as was provided in the beginning of this topic. Now the real question is do you have one?

Old 10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
The only way that would happen is if I was ridin' the YZ!!! Not taking away from the YFZ but I highly doubt it could beat one of the fastest and most dominating bikes on the market today!! JMO....
Well regardless of what you think unless your going to provide a logical explanation and supported reasoning as to why dirtwheels would completely fabricate this test.

FYI. I think you really need to look at times on a professional MX track comparing ATV's in general to dirtbikes, level the offcambered dirtbike jumps and the times aren't that different.

Old 10-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Range Rover

As much as I love ATV's, there is just no way that any of today's top Quad MX riders can match the lap times of the top dirt bike MX riders. On any given day Jeremiah Jones is one of the fastest riders on a MX course (the same courses that the dirt bike riders race on) and there is no way his lap times are close to RC's or even Bubba Stewart on his 125. I'm not trying to argue here, but lets be real OK.

Old 10-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VIKTR250R
Originally posted by: pleasure4qt
It was all in the track and it's layout. It was a setup for quad to win. Its a Yamaha Mag (DirtyWheels) which is a quad mag so quad wins. rotflmao
OK yeah whatever...
And I bet you were there to verify this as well. I'm a little confused here, are you supporting ATV's here in this forum or are you just in denial and shocked by the outcome of this event. IT is clear that the quad had the quickest time on that MX course. Now its up to you to provide evidence to clearly deny there substantiated claim.

They simply ran a test the ATV was the quickest. Are you trying to say that its impossible for a YZF450 to be quicker than a YZ450 dirtbike on a closed professional MX course? I would bet the<u> 7 time national champion</u> that actually did the test and is currently riding professional Motocross would disagree with you.
OK so u gut a 7 time national champ on a quad who was riding the dirtbike?
OK and this 7 time champion also happens to be one of the top MXers in the world...
Now do you see my point?

Old 10-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

cctman. read it again. It says they took the whoops out.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

"any two things can be compared as being equal when you take out what the best excells in"

Old 10-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stevendsm95gst
cctman. read it again. It says they took the whoops out.

Listen, I'm certainly not going to disagree with you that they didn't and I don't have the mag in front of me now, but I do think they gave a reason for this as well.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the ATV's are getting that fast and are certainly have the potential to be and already are beating dirtbikes on MX courses.

If you really want to brake it down physics wise, your talking about a much lighter dirtbike, but your fighting against a smaller contact patch surface. Your coefficient of friction to surface material is reduced significantly when your talking about the small contact patch on a narrow dirt bike tire. So you have a battle between tire width, and spin, vs weight. This has been a long standing battle even in drag racing. Look at superbikes vs IRL cars. See my point? The dirtbike is much lighter, but the ATV has the potential to build up the motor more because you can actually get more power to the ground. I'm not trying to get off topic here, but what we are seeing is the revolution of the ATV industry here. I think ATV's are getting so light that the gap is closing and in certain situations ATV's are even beating dirtbikes on MX courses as was recorded in dirtwheels. Now if you disagree with dirtwheels then you must provide evidence to support your conjecture otherwise your just stating an opinion.

Quick Reply: MX YZF450 takes YZ450 Dirtbike: Historical!