Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would the Warrior be nothing without it's 6-gear transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would the Warrior be nothing without it's 6-gear transmission?

How would the Warrior compete with any other quad if it only had 5 gears rather than 6? IS that 6th gear what makes the warrior the way it is? Could you say the Warrior would be nothing without it's 6th gear?

I'm not talking about the way you shift from 5th to 6th to get more speed, I'm talking about 5th gear having the same ratio as 6th would normally have. In my opinion, the Warrior wouldn't be able to do very good at all.

comments?

Old 10-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like people that have Honda's that come to Yamaha forums to dis on Yamaha's.

They can come to the yamaha forum, just don't dis them.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Would the 'shee be any good w/ out the extra cylinder?? Would the 400ex be any good w/ out the chain?? Stupid post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Mike

Old 10-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

lol, im with 620 on this one.

Old 10-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

250 did ur EX get smoked by a warrior or something when he shifted, is that whats this about?

Travis

Old 10-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TJw6981
250 did ur EX get smoked by a warrior or something when he shifted, is that whats this about?

Travis
Heh ya, I've got a utility 250 and my friend's Warrior beats me in 4th.

I wasn't trying to start a Honda VS Yamaha thread at all. I just wanted to see what you guys think if the Warrior would only have had a 5 gear transmission. The Warrior is a pretty peppy machine, but if the ratios were farther apart, would it still be a little peppy?

Old 10-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

first of all, why do you try to compare a warrior to one of your utility quads. i dont know which one you raced him with, your fourtrax or your trailboss, but they both arent comparable to a warrior for speed. the fourtrax is too old, the engine is too small, and its geared too low, for working and stuff to be comparable to the warrior. the trailboss just plain is too heavy to pull itself around at that speed with that small of an engine. im not dissing on either of your bikes, im just saying that you really cant expect them to be comparable to a warrior.

as to your question, if the warrior would be as peppy if it had wider gear ratios, i really dont know. but i can say that it wouldnt be "nothing", it wouldnt suffer as bad as you might want it to from that change.

Old 10-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JohnnySplat
first of all, why do you try to compare a warrior to one of your utility quads. i dont know which one you raced him with, your fourtrax or your trailboss, but they both arent comparable to a warrior for speed. the fourtrax is too old, the engine is too small, and its geared too low, for working and stuff to be comparable to the warrior. the trailboss just plain is too heavy to pull itself around at that speed with that small of an engine. im not dissing on either of your bikes, im just saying that you really cant expect them to be comparable to a warrior.

as to your question, if the warrior would be as peppy if it had wider gear ratios, i really dont know. but i can say that it wouldnt be "nothing", it wouldnt suffer as bad as you might want it to from that change.

I don't know why you started this whole thing where I want the Warrior to lose against my Fourtrax. Just because I have that fourwheeler doesn't mean that was the intention of this thread. You finally answered my question with your final paragraph. Thank you.

Old 10-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: jed250

I don't know why you started this whole thing where I want the Warrior to lose against my Fourtrax. Just because I have that fourwheeler doesn't mean that was the intention of this thread. You finally answered my question with your final paragraph. Thank you.
im not tryin to be mean to you man, and i never actually said that you wanted your fourtrax to beat the warrior, but i do remember you saying something to TJw6981 "Heh ya, I've got a utility 250 and my friend's Warrior beats me in 4th." when he asked you if you got beaten by a warrior. when he shifted, so i believe that is what brought you to start this thread in the first place, correct?

i was just saying that you really shouldnt expect your fourtrax to be comparable in top speed to the warrior. i see what you were asking, but its just that it seems like you were trying to compare two bikes that really arent comparable. im not saying that the warrior is any better than your quad either, im just saying in this category, speed, it does have quite an advantage. the 6th gear does make a difference, but not in top speed, just acceleration.

i apologize if i have offended you in any way, with any post in regard to this thread or any other.

although it does slightly offend me that you would suggest that the warrior would be reduced to "nothing" without its 6th gear. lol, just messin with ya. just be cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img], dont jump to conclusions so quick. peace man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: JohnnySplat
Originally posted by: jed250

im not tryin to be mean to you man, and i never actually said that you wanted your fourtrax to beat the warrior, but i do remember you saying something to TJw6981 "Heh ya, I've got a utility 250 and my friend's Warrior beats me in 4th." when he asked you if you got beaten by a warrior. when he shifted, so i believe that is what brought you to start this thread in the first place, correct?

i was just saying that you really shouldnt expect your fourtrax to be comparable in top speed to the warrior. i see what you were asking, but its just that it seems like you were trying to compare two bikes that really arent comparable. im not saying that the warrior is any better than your quad either, im just saying in this category, speed, it does have quite an advantage. the 6th gear does make a difference, but not in top speed, just acceleration.

i apologize if i have offended you in any way, with any post in regard to this thread or any other.

although it does slightly offend me that you would suggest that the warrior would be reduced to "nothing" without its 6th gear. lol, just messin with ya. just be cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img], dont jump to conclusions so quick. peace man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My point had nothing to do with racing my fourtrax. It had nothing to do with the Warrior's top end either. I was curious whether or not it would have enough power to actually pull itself through a 5 gear transmission (except it will go as fast as the 6 speed) fast enough. Thinking of the 6-speeds, It makes me wonder why the other quads don't have 6th...

Quick Reply: Would the Warrior be nothing without it's 6-gear transmission?