Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Good ride went bad Sunday.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good ride went bad Sunday.

I really don't know if the MX boots could have helped,but his leg was broke near the foot. I never saw the accident happen. My battery on my phone goes dead really easily and I have been going to put a cigarette lighter plug in on my Wolvy. Yeah I know a little too little a little too late. You can guarantee I will have it before the next ride. Thanks Guys for the kind words I'll relay them on to him. Maybe I'll go by and see him and show him this web site.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Talked to his dad earlier asked him about the accident. He said he turned to climb back up the short hill the machine slid off into a rut and flipped back so quick there was nothing he could do. I had thought the atv had landed on his leg but maybe just the landing on the ground caused his injury. I asked about his riding experience. He said Cody, thats his name, had had the Beartracker 2+ years and had a YZ 80 for like 2and a half years before. I guess it's just one of those things. I really don't think he's going to give up the sport, they said he was asking about a thumb throttle piece to fix his'. He's pretty tough. I didn't get to speak to him,he was asleep, but when I do I'll relay the kind words. THANKS AGAIN GUYS

Old 10-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about his broken leg, but good thing it wasnt anything worse. Doesnt matter if you have a 1 day experience or 20 yrs experience on a quad, bad things still can happen. Us atv'ers are outta luck when it comes to accidents just cuz were usually not close to help. Cell phones are nice, I always carry one just in case something goes wrong.

RoughRider01

Old 10-15-2003, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

lemmie tell ya from experiance that really sucks, and it can be scary even if you are close to help, i wrecked on a loging road and my friends dad just drove his subruban up to where i was
alos lemmie say this to you guys asking about boots, in my wreck i broke my ankle in two places(two screws in my ankle), broke my leg (six pins and a metal plate) and broke my wrist, well i lucked up and my surgon just happend to be a quad rider to and he said if i had been wearing boots there was a real good chance that if i had riding boots on i could have saved two broken bones, two surgires,and a week in the hospital
but i hope your friend heals quckly (shouldnt take long i had my wreck, two weeks before thanksgiving and was riding agine by febuary

Old 10-15-2003, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Get better soon.....

I broke my leg really badly. Snapped my femur clean in half. The race marshals loaded me onto a door and into the back of a pickup. That was one uncomfortable ride to the hospital were I spent the next 8 days.
Thanks to modern medicine, was back on my bike a month later.

Check out my gallery page for pics....

Old 10-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wear riding boots now, because of what happened a few years ago at Redbird.

I was riding with some friends and I went to go up a hill and my Warrior at the time had dogged out, before I knew it I was being thrown like a rag doll through the air. When it was all over with I woke up and there was my friends standing over me. I sprain my ankle and twisted my leg, but the big thing was my helment. They said the four-wheeler had bounced off the front of my helment during the roll down. The helment had put a hole the size 4 gauge bar through my bottom lip and split the shell in 5 different places. Now I wear my helment like my life depended on it, also I have to wear Wolverine outdoor boots that lace up about 12" with a ankle support on the inside.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

what really sucks for me is I just got my first atv,a Big Bear 400...and I wouldn't trade for anything ...and I broke my collar bone a week ago playing football for Terry High, and the doctor told me I can't ride for AT LEAST 2 months![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]......I dont know how I'm going to make it through dis

Old 10-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very glad to hear he is ok. It's pretty easy to flip them beartrackers. I was riding at this awesome place at my friends house and I had never been there before. Well we were trying to find a trail that lead to one place...so we tried many spots then found a place that might lead to it.
Well you had to cross a creek then go up a small hill...then either turn or go up a bigger hill. No big deal, since we were gonna turn. I got across the creek, went up the small hill...hit a rock...quad flipped out from under me..i rolled down the small hill...quad came down and smacked me in the side of the head...and rolled in the creek. I was luckly ok and I was able to walk and stuff. My friend had gone up before me, and turned on the trail...so, it took a few mins before he realized I wasn't behind him...then he came and we pulled it out of the creek. Only injury i had was a bumped on the side of my head...and a little shaken...

Ride Safe!
warrior68man

Old 10-16-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Well since we are on the topic of crashes this one happened in late 98 when the Wolvy was almost new. We were on a ride one Sun eve and probably 10-15 of us had went to this large overlook rock on the top of this mtn ridge and had a cook out. Nice big flat rock, room for probably 30-40 people,nice place on top to park the 4 wheelers and hang out. We had alarge meal, dogs burgers taters and the works. It got late and most of us were ready to go. I guess 8-10 of us left together and stopped at the fork in the road at the foot of the hill to say our goodbyes. One of the guys that were facing the overlook said SOMEONE JUST WENT OFF THE ROCK!!,and took off back up the hill. We all went behind him to see what had happened. When we got there this older guy had started to turn around and backed off the rock! This was probably a 25-35 foot drop. We went to him,he was awake but in ALOTof pain. Lucky someone had a cell phone and was able to Dial 911. The rescue squad said they couldn't make it up the rough trail so some of us had to haul them to the scene on our 4x4 machines. We all helped the rescue squad get him back to top of the rock. By then they had made it up the trail with one of those ex-military dodge powerwagon pickups. They used the pickup to haul him out. He ended up spending a lot of time in the hospital, but he is back to riding now. He has one of those long shifter handles, but he's still riding. Myself I have not been back the overlook rock since.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

warrior68man how does the Beartracker do with that FMF pipe? Cody,the boy from the crash, is getting one like your's for his birhtday is why I was wondering. You don't see a lot of modded Beartrackers.

Quick Reply: Good ride went bad Sunday.