Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee... The end of an era.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2000, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that the Raptor has made its way onto the ATV scene, it has become apparent that the Banshee will become the "wannabe" quad of the future. The Warrior is not close enough to the Raptor to threaten it but it is close enough to take the Banshees place. It seems obvious that the Banshee will be discontinued very soon. I predict that the Warrior will get more HP, the Banshee will be discontinued, and a new 4stroke Blaster will appear (probably w/more cc's). Lets face it, with the amount of pollution that 2 strokes put in the air, they will go the way of the Lawnboy, the 2 stroke Evinrude and everything else 2 stroke thats disappearing. Who knows, the public lands may wind up banning them or charging higher fees for entry. What ever the case, the Banshee's day has obviously come and the Yamaha faithful will soon say..."Banshee, yeah I remember those..."

Old 06-10-2000, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Old 06-10-2000, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

You are a dumm $*#%
What the %#@$ is your problem
Keep it up and the only thing that will be history is YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2000, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

How do you figure that any warrior can provide the thrill that a banshee does. I will go on record right know and say that the Raptor will not be as fast as a slightly modified banshee(pipes, porting, better reeds). You have to put over 3 grand into a bomber to make it close. Everybody is talking about how the Raptor is the ultimate quad. I say WAIT UNTIL SOMEBODY RIDES IT! I am sure it will weigh more that 400 pounds and be slower than you think it is.

Old 06-10-2000, 10:11 PM
rnl
Trailblazer

What the hell kind of childish posts were that. He was stating a very good point. Grow up and lose the profanity.

Old 06-11-2000, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

I talked to a dealer that said he saw the Raptor at the show in Vegas and said it only weighs one pound more than the warrior, he also said they had a video of the Raptor smoking a 650 in a race up a sand dune at Glamis, this is just what he told me. After all the problems with the DS I think I will wait for a while and see how it pans out, but it sounds awesome!!!

Old 06-11-2000, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

the only comment i have...a 4 stroke blaster...HAHA!

The whole fun of the blaster is the peppy 2 stroke motor. A 4 stroke of any size would take away it's whole meaning.

I personally really doubt 2 strokes will ever be totally out. Cali is the only place that is really bad about 2 stroke motors.

Old 06-11-2000, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

I would say the Banshees sales figures might start to decline a little, but there are way to many die hard 2 stroke fans, LIKE ME! Plus building a banshee is so EASY, so many companies make so many products. I think yamadog would be a fool, like you, to stop producing it. I know I'm keeping my Banshee once I get my Raptor. And without a doubt in my mind my bahsee is going to be FASTER than my raptor! You obviously never taken a ride on a properly built banshee, I mean the kind that rips your hands off the grip.. as it snaps the powerband and heads off like a tomahawk missle. If yamadog stops making the banshee, you'll see nothing but banshees going up in value, not DOWN!! This is still the case with the ever rare, but ever so wonderul 86-89 Honda 250r. I am still on the search for one... best damn quad ever made if you ask me.

Old 06-11-2000, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

although 2 strokes have more power per cc and revv faster, this quad with a five valve head and twin carbs will definateley show you where the four strokes are headed whether or not 2 stroke survive. By putting a 5 valve head and what is basically a street bike engine in a light frame you can bet that futuritic 4 strokes will have every bit the acceleration of you typical Japanese Street Bike, and look for future versions to be fuel injected like the cannondale FX400 and also look to twin cylinder or quad cylinder four strokes. I mean really who would mind a banshee if it had YZF600R 4cylinder street bike engine?, just so long as they keep the weight down. And for those Bombardier drivers that keep saying the Raptor is going to be weak, We Raptor owners will benefit from 33mmcarbs x2 =66 even with their Ron woods Rotax kits they only get a 45mm off of a Harley and half of them cant tune it. add that to a 5 valve head 3 intake and 2 exhaust and we are flowing some serious fuel. I personally love 2 strokes, but if you people don t go and vote on election day, the Al Gore is going to wipe out our sport by Banning 2 strokes, and closing public land to OHV's, (meaning jeeps, quads, motorcycles and so on.)And closing unroaded areas. Unless your just happy putting around the yard.

Old 06-11-2000, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Banshee Brad, there is a clean looking 250r(honda) on e-bay for less that 2000. It is located in Cincinnatti. Go to ebay, automative, other vehicles, then atv's. Also I completely agree with you on the Banshee. My wife rides a 98 with mild porting and paul turner midrange pipes. It is a lot of machine. I love it but will +2+1 A-arms and good shocks make the handling better? The Raptor would be perfect for her.

Quick Reply: Banshee... The end of an era.