Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Doing a Mod to my Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing a Mod to my Warrior

Hey all,

I'm looking into a minor mod on my Warrior. I already have a 12T front sprocket on the way, which I'm sure I'll be happy with for bottom end performance.

I'm thinking about a dynojet kit, airbox mod and maybe a uni-filter.

What gains over stock (forget the powercore exh.) should I expect to see. Dynojet says avg. 12-15%, what about the addition of the uni-filter and airbox mod?

Old 10-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, well, they lie. Jet kits are a load of crap. They give you a crap load of jets you might as well throw away since youll only need one maybe two of them to get it to run right unless you plan on driving across the country through all kinds of elevations and temperatures. The needle is useless, it just adds some range outside of anything youd ever use. You might feel a tiny bit of HP from the filter. Most of it will be psychological and the cut up airbox lid. That will actually add some power, but not much. Just skip the uni and jet kit, buy a K&N and some sort of aluminum adapter. Both are as horribly over priced (110 bucks for some cotton gauze on screen and a machined chunk of aluminum?) but youll feel a lil bit of extra power. Whatever you get though, get an outerwears, those filters get nasty and need alot of cleaning without one. BTW, I dunno if people would call it "safe" but you could probably get the same amount of power by taking off the outer part of your air filter leaving the foam inner core part and put a outwears around that. Cut the lid, rejet etc.... Probably wouldnt "safe" for the engine but you can see through a K&N and everyone runs them.

Old 10-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info Jackal.

I guess you can pick up single jets from your dealer? The dynojets are the only ones I know of available.

Again,

Thanks .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

You arent too worried about top end power and want alot of grunt? (guessing by your sprocket choice and tire size)? might consider a torque stuffer. They cut off some top end and give you a bit more bottom end. Also, it prolly wont help much but its free, you can match your intake manifold to the head with a dremel tool (sanding bit) or alot of time and some sand paper, just too keep the air flow free of interruptions and keep velocity up, dont polish it though or gas will pool on the smooth surface. Thats all I can think that dosent involve opening the motor.