Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

$800 in upgrades to my stock Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $800 in upgrades to my stock Banshee

That right, $800 bucks and my once stock Banshee is a screamer and it was so easy and worked perfect the first time. Here's what I did: I put a set of CPI in frame drag pipes($592), shaved the head down .030($40) did my own cylinder and reed cage porting($130 templates and porting kit) along with removing the snorkel and replacing the stock main #200 jets with #300 main jets(jets,gaskets,ect....$35) let's just say my Banshee is no longer stock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and it really shows, and I can almost say it's out of control FAST. All in all I spent a total of about $800 bucks and this thing now hits the powerband with such a violent force that riding on the asphalt is scary, but on the dirt roads where the wheel spin cushions the hit it's like a new drug, I'm estimating easily 86 MPH based on being able to consistently beat my friends 85.4 MPH Banshee on take off and topend and this is with stock gearing that has me spinning the wheels even in 6th gear the hole time on the dirt roads I ride.

I now can sit back and enjoy and save some money for does trips I've been wanting to make instead of having to constantly spend $$$ wanting more and more like my previous quad had me. I can only imagine if I would of bought the Banshee first.
Just wanting to share some of my excitement.</SPAN>

Old 10-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].... It NEVER ends.

Mike

Old 10-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

i wish i had a banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Warrior, Your right.......but this is the first time I ride without opening a catalog looking for my next speed upgrade,..........at least the wife is impressed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hiram, I suggest going to a 15t front sprocket.. you have PLENTY of power to pullit, makes it to wear you don't have to row the gears as much when riding around and the gears just seam to pull FOR-EV-OR. I'd be willing to bet that you are running more than 85 especially if you have the stock tires(they grow ALOT when the speeds get high). If you do have stock tires, my next mod would be some razrs, kenda klaws, holeshots, or shredders (all are great tires).

Mike

Old 10-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I do have the stock tires and they where almost new until yesterday's ride with the way Iam spinning them they"ll be bald within the next few rides, and will most likely go Rarz, Im sure the bike will turn the 15t just fine, but can this rider hold on? I have a 15t here already and feel it will bring my speeds close to 90 MPH and lessen the severe powerband hit.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

The sprocket mod isn't just for top-speed... hell I was happy w/ 85. It just makes it pull forever, it smooths the powerband out a bit too. If you are running mx, dirt or trails you might want to look into going into a -1.5or -2 swingarm. Trust me it doesn't make the front end come up like you would think, it makes the quad like a bike.... if your on the back of the seat and punch it it will come up... if your on the front it won't. DEFFINATELY get some new meats on the back.

Mike

Old 10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

What's got me thinking is that my power band has moved way, way up being that these CPI's are top end pipes but I guess I can just ride it a gear lower to stay on the power band, I'll give it try, becuase every time your out of the power band it's a scary moment when you transition back on.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

There's hardly anything you can do for your low-end w/ the cpi's. But like I said the cut swingarm is my FAVORITE mod next to pipe/filter.. then shocks. If you ride occasional sand you can get a cheap extension for the arm.

Mike

Old 10-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hiram, How does the shee compare to your old 686? On HP and Handling?

Quick Reply: $800 in upgrades to my stock Banshee